Another Dorico slowness question

I’m sorry to post another thread about this, but i wanted to check if its an issue with my system or with Dorico altogether.

I’m working on an orchestral score with around 35 players (incl. 3 percusion sets) and some 45 Staves, 140 Bars long, and 4mb file size, and any simple task like copying and pasting/deleting music and time signatures, changing barlines, etc. is incredibly slow, making it very hard to work. It also crashed a couple of times.

I’m attaching the crash diagnostic.

I’m working on OSX 10.13 on a Mac mini, 2,6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB Memory, Graphics Intel Iris 1536 MB.

Any hints or help will be greatly appreciated.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (713.8 KB)

Would you be willing to share your project file with me? Feel free to email it to me at d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de. It would be helpful to know some specific edits you’re trying to make at specific positions in the project, so I can try those same edits.

The two crash dumps in your diagnostics look similar to stack traces we’ve seen in the past, and which we thought we had fixed in Dorico 4.3.20, so we’ll need to look further into those.

Thanks for getting back at me about this Daniel.

I’m attaching two screen videos I took making two edits, for you to see what I’m talking about. I’ll send you the file via e-Mail, thanks.

By my reckoning, that’s a 2014 Mini. You’ve only got 2 cores, which limits how much your computer can juggle simultaneously.

Even on my 2018 Mini with 6 cores, I found Dorico was a bit sluggish with only 8Gb of RAM. Adding more RAM improved matters considerably.

The new M series Minis can cope better than the Intel ones with only 8Gb RAM, but I’d still recommend 16, particularly for large orchestral works. (And they absolutely fly!)

Yeah, I just got the same answer from Daniel, thanks. Unfortunately I don’t think I’m in the position to make that kind of expense currently (my other car is a modular synth and it’s quite jealous about where I put my money in).

Thanks anyway.