Another plea for GUI consistency.

One of many examples: Now there’s a new dialog box when you open up the metronome panel, which doesn’t fit the aesthetic of many other windows in Cubase. If this is the new design, then great – let’s stay totally consistent with it and make every dialog box have the same aesthetic.

One of the biggest issues with the Cubase GUI is how inconsistent it is, which has been pointed out many times over the years now. Different styles of windows, different styles of scroll bars, etc., etc. It truly makes a difference to have consistency, and right now Cubase feels cobbled together and amateur in this way. In other pro apps (most other DAWs I’ve used or tried, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., etc.) the GUIs are generally very consistent and this greatly helps with how the software “feels” in everyday use – it really does.

I’m dearly hoping that for C10 or sooner, Steinberg addresses these GUI issues and gives Cubase the fully pro look and feel that it deserves.

+1

Dude. Speaking on behalf of everyone who has had the same feelings over the past 30 years… We ALL feel as you do. But -eventually-. Sooner or later. We -all- get worn out.

That is so sad and frustrating (frustrated about Steinberg) to read, and I know you’re right. Only one other choice I guess, so I’ll start looking into it as a possibility.

+1

+1

I’m worn out… 12 years … shot…

+1

Recent Studio One refugee here. I don’t need the GUI to look exactly like Studio One or any other DAW, but what I (and it looks like many others here) want is, yes, consistency! I agree that it’s a major thing, and coming from four years on Studio One, it’s one way that using Cubase falls behind. I’m unsure as to how it got this way, though it seems like it’s many years in the making.

Another example: Love or hate Pro Tools, when I’ve used it it feels so utterly professional and this is one way that makes it so.