Any Advice How to Switch to Mono?

Hello there. Thanks if anyone can help. I have a stereo VST plugin which I’d like to have in mono.

HOWEVER I don’t want to just blend the Left and Right channels, by panning both to the Centre using the Combined Panner. I want to MUTE the Left side, and then have the Right side panned Centre. By doing this I’m hoping to get a more direct and less chorusy/phasey sound.

I don’t seem to be able to find a way to do this. Any idea?

:slight_smile:

Well if you use the standard panner and pan hard right you will have no left sound then you just have to work out some routing or send to a mono channel or something.

ah, i think i seem to have done it using the mix6to2 insert… as far as i can tell :wink:

you could render out the track as two separate L - R files and use the one you want.

I think cubase mixdown allows for this option - i use Wavelab for doing that usually…

cheers

Yes, it can do that.

I definitely think the Mix6to2 insert is the fastest way to do this :slight_smile:

And, of course, you can use this Cubase plugin (mono button!) bypass… e.g. :wink:

And, of course, you can use this Cubase plugin (mono button!) bypass… e.g. > :wink:

…but doesn’t this just sum the L and R channels? I wanted to mute one channel and then centre the other.

I use this free little plugin, it sounds like it will do what you want.

http://www.kellyindustries.com/stereo_tools.html