Any confirmed new features for 9.5?Is there a poll?

I personally think our wishes would be addressed less quickly if there was no competition…

I’d have to agree.

What about 37% less competition?

33, 45 and 78 surely:-)

LOL You got limited resources. Your competitor is releasing a new feature that attracts prosumers i.e the majority of DAW users. You are aware there are numerous bugs, unfinished functions, and workflow improvements that need to be addressed but if you don’t add the cool feature your sales decline. Sure, you have captured loyalty and every day users, but that isn’t where the money is at.

Another perspective: You got limited resources. You can either outsource a LoopMash upgrade or finally create a key command that closes the history window. Keep in mind, that simple key command is apparently very difficult and time consuming to achieve.

So do you upgrade LoopMash or create a key command to close the history window? Which will potentially sell more units?

Don’t make up stuff about how it’s developed or you’ll just look silly.

The problem is more likely that no one cares about that key command. Don’t think I’ve heard anyone mention it, so do you think they’re gonna spend any time on it?

My conclusion is based on other developers, not specifically Steinberg. It’s simply my observation of competing DAW developers for years. I could be wrong.

As far as no key command for closing the History Window, there are others who have requested it over many years. Anyone who uses the history window and values fast workflow and less mouse-clicking would benefit. As a matter of fact it’s been requested ever since the key command to open the History Windows was created. The Windows Ctr+W will only work if that window stays focused. There are other basic missing Key commands, and I was told, by a Steinberg representative that it’s very difficult at this stage to implement.

Since you personally haven’t heard anyone mention it, I guess that’s reason enough for them to ignore it? Wow. :laughing:

To proclaim “more likely that no one cares about that key command” is quite presumptuous.

I think I’ve requested a close history window key command. There’s one to open (CTRL-H), why not one to close.

It’s not brain surgery, but using CTRL-W to close the history window does constantly present the risk of closing the entire project inadvertently rather than just the history window, if the history window is not in focus at the time.

I hope they introduce connecting instrument tracks to multi out instruments instead of using additional midi tracks. As used in logic and Studio One.

a couple of pre fader more insert slots and I’ll call it a day-

Make some more noise about it, get a decent thread with support going and that’s when you have a fair chance.

I predict 1 new incomplete and buggy feature for Pro users
2 new features for home EDM people
2 new ‘toy’ features for non musician people who should be doing something else
A futile change in GUI colours
New Bugs
No already broken or incomplete features fixed

Call me pessimistic :slight_smile:

What are you even on about? None of the releases in the past 5 years have been like this.

So you think new releases don’t have bug fixes?

How about fixing Cubase and making it stable and fixing Sonic SE from crashing Cubase.
Seriously Steinberg if you keep running your business like this. Releasing buggy DAW…
Your going to lose some loyal customers. Because in the past 5 Cubase versions from
Cubase 7-Pro 9 only 2 versions have been stable. 7.5 and Pro 8.

The rest have all been garbage… Personally I will give Steinberg until version Pro 10.
If I don’t see major improvements and fixes like those drop outs.
It’s gonna be Bye Bye Cubase for me… I’m not playing the game anymore…

I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone else reporting Halion Sonic SE crashing Cubase on Mac. If you there’s something that makes it crash consistently for you you should report it.

If you attach one or more crash dumps then it would be easier to look into this.

I would like to see a bigger memory cache like protools,it does run nice ,most computers have at least 32 gb memory now so a project runs nicely

I wish…

(post your feature requests on the FR forum to have them be more prominent.)

I had a look of what is new in Wavelab Pro 9.5 and I guess a few of its new features will make it into Cubase.
-Support for high resolution displays
-Updated plugins look.