Any Dorico user experience with ScanScore

PlayScore here - see our 9 out of 10 review in BBC Music Magazine.

The new May 2020 release of PlayScore 2 for iOS is more accurate than ever!

Antinus, since you say ""our " review, do you work for the company? If so, it would be more honest to say so.

Antinus,
I’ve spent like ten minutes searching for the subscription prices — which I have not found. Simply unbearable. Fix this!

Marc, the App Store suggests “Productivity” is £3.99 per month or £19.99 annually, and “Professional” is £4.99 per month or £22.49 annually. I haven’t checked what the French equivalents are.

Thanks Leo. I don’t know why those fees do not appear at all in my app store. Hence my message to Antinus.

The “in-app purchases” near the bottom of the listing has a disclosure arrow (or at least it does here).

Leo, you are right (as usual!)
Well, I could not find that without your help. And I couldn’t find it either in their website!

Antinus did announce himself in his first post. I’ve only ever tried ScanScore and failed to get anything useful out of it.

I recently tried ScanScore, because I saw a discount advertised. It installed a whole bunch of temp file folders in the /Applications folder; and the actual scan I tested arguably would have taken as much time to proof and clean up as to type from scratch.

I sent in a report about the temp files and the scan result, and the reply just said “sorry you don’t like it”, rather than “we’ll log the issue”, or “let’s see the image you were trying to scan”.

He did say so: first words were “PlayScore here”

Did somebody talked about the sheet music scanner app?
Available on iOs and Android without subscription and it works great :slight_smile:
And I’m not working for this company :wink: