Any drawbacks of Euphonix Mc MIX mk1 on the latest Cubase Pro?

Hello there Tom, maybe you may be able to answer my question :)…

• 2nd hand unit Euphonix mc mix (just like yours)
  • Most probably* it must have been registered by the very first owner of this unit years ago
  • The seller bought this unit 1 year ago, and was not aware about ‘trasfer of ownership’, he told me, the owner said, the hardware is discontinued, but has been updated with the latest firmware so you should have not problem using it with your Pro Tools.
  • So, the seller bought it from the initial owner, had no problem for the past 1 year, with his Pro Tools setup and the latest Eucon. Decided to sell it to me now… and since my main DAW is Cubase, he does not have clear answer.
  • To conclude, the seller does not have ownership of this unit on his AVID account + also serial number sticker has been ripped he said…lol
  • If it does not work on my Cubase (mac mojave) he said just return, he will refund the money.

I have installed the latest Eucon from AVID website, because I tried AVID control app (since it was free) and EuconAPP is installed on my mac.

Do you think it will work by just plugging the Ethernet cable…?
any possible issues…?! (haha I tried my best to be as detailed as posible!)

Mac Mojave osx, Cubase Pro 11, EuControl installed, Avid Control on Android Tablet

I still use my BCF 2000 but I felt that I really need scribble display :), MC MIX was perfect, not too boxy, not too big, 8 motorized faders… so yeah

Thanks though! um, hopefully it works… and if I love mix I am definitely getting the control too!

I can’t really say something about a possible issue with a mac, because I’m on Windows 10 latest version. I had a transfer of ownership when I bought one unit second hand, and I’m pretty sure that I have an Eucon surface activation on my eLisencer dongel ( I’m not in the sudio atm). I will check tomorrow…

Oki Tom! All good :slight_smile: I found a Steinberg note about the Eucon license? and somehow after Cubase 5.5, for artist series product, I would not need any separate ‘Eucon’ license within the Cubase eLicenser. But um, I will double check when it gets here. Maybe you needed to do that, because back when Cubase needed Eucon Licenser, I think… yeah, you needed the ownership transferred so, Avid and Steinberg could both give you the access to the Eucon license. But, somehow, now EuconControl app/driver can be easily installed with just Avid account, and on cubase Pro 11, Eucon ‘adaptor’ seems to be built in natively… so this is my ‘positive-side’ bet but… I will definitely plug and see straight away when it arrives today :slight_smile: I will probably face some issues with connecting I believe (because, it seems the old MC MIX model has some issue with Ethernet connection…)

But thanks! Tom, please let me know later :slight_smile:

[FIXED] Euphonix MC MIX - mac mojave osx - By plugging in, my Eucon Control app recognized the unit as ‘artist mix’ and automatically synced with one of my Cubase Pro 11 Project. Wow it is pretty. Thanks, it works great and I did not need any registration/re-activation work for this discontinued daw controller (if anyone is getting one)

Tom, I got it all sorted, simply worked… ha thanks, I over-worried. I am glad that I have bought Pro cubase product Eucon is native :slight_smile:

Hello, thanks for your replies I got it all working :slight_smile:

Amazing pretty unit! :slight_smile:

Just synced instantly!

1 Like

That’s great!! Enjoy!!

1 Like

Nice! Enjoy mixing with this great surface! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, um, just wondering here, would you know how to add inserts on Artist mix…?

Hi Embarrassed to say I do not… I tend to use the Artist Control for those kinds of things… Hundreds of Cubase features are already there and some I have added to suit my own workflow.

1 Like

Got it solved :slight_smile:
All good and I am very happy with Eucon and MC Mix :slight_smile:

1 Like