Any limitations on continuous/repeated activation and deactivation?

So, I’m currently in the process of sorting out how to install D4 on Linux (for anyone who’s interested, good news: it looks like it’s going to work just fine… eventually, though the install may potentially be slightly less fun than 3.5; funny news: who would have thought that the part that I’ve been stuck on for the past two days has been getting a web browser to open the activation manager, ugh, lol), and as such, I’m finding as I’m testing different things out, spinning things up on various virtual machines, etc., I’m needing to activate my license then deactivate then activate then deactivate and so on.

I’m wondering if there are any hidden strictures on how often and how quickly one can repeatedly activate and deactivate a license on a machine or machines. As far as I can tell, everything’s nice and snappy and the license manager and the account page on the web don’t seem to care; if you’re on a computer with an active license, you can deactivate it from there and the change is picked up on your account instantly, and if you’re on a computer without an active license, as long as you have spare activations in your account, Dorico will activate instantly and happily work without fuss. This is lovely and really welcome, but I just wanted to make sure before I get too much further into my Linux installation endeavors that what I’m doing won’t flag or blacklist my license or anything like that. That would be quite unlovely.

Also, if it turns out I’m more or less asking for the reveal of trade secrets, feel free to delete this thread and/or message me in private.

Thanks!

Provided you’re not spamming the activation server, I don’t think you’ll run into any problems. It goes without saying that Dorico is not supported on any operating system other than the published ones, and you are on your own.

Perfect, many thanks, Daniel. I figured as much but just wanted to make sure.

And yes indeed, that does go without saying. I very much understand Dorico’s ability to sometimes run in unsupported ways to be the lucky happenstance that it is :slight_smile: