Any news on .30

@rommelaar
you have windows… you have been using windows, i assume…

Service packs include all the little fixes along the way until release… now, did you wait for the sevice packs or did u install the windows updates along the way?

Going from 6.5 to 7.5, because you think you have less problems with bugs… that’s just totally untrue.

7.5 was just as big a release as 7, to me. Lots and lots of changes and additions. And those changes and additions have bugs as well. So you’re just skipping the 7.0 bugs and enter the world of 7.5 bugs instead. All the while, not having some of the awesome new features of 7.0.

Not in my experience, the x.5 releases seems to be the most stable, for me. But I don’t know if I can resist the 8.0 release.
I’m still rocking the 6.5 on my studio rig, it’s just rock solid. At home I can try out new releases without getting upset when I encounter a bug.

Well, you could do what I do… wait til the very last of the x.5 updates appear. And THEN upgrade! :laughing:

Obviously, this is absolutely the most conservative upgrade strategy imaginable. (Short of not upgrading at all!) Which I find strange, as I’m usually pretty forward leaning on most topics in life. But I drag my feet until the safest possible moment with software upgrades… strange.

And I’m just dying for certain 7.x features! Track versions in particular. It’s a mystery to me why I do this.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ still no news

I really was hoping that Steinberg would take advantage of their new revision numbering system to issue maintenance updates in a timely manner. Daily if need be! That’s what’s called “world class” customer service.

Seriously, as I mentioned in other posts, I know this can be done because I worked in the aerospace industry for 38 years. When a software glitch was found if was fixed immediately and released. Yes, daily, if necessary (no, it didn’t happen often but it did when necessary). Again, this type on maintenance release was to fix errors in the existing software not for adding new features and such.

Regards :sunglasses:

You get used to live with bugs in Cubase.

Unfortunately yes.

All this screaming for updates and bugs, perhaps someone might like to say what these bugs are.

I use Cubase 7.5.2 everyday, and never have a moments problem.

I have adjusted my working practices around Cubase 7.5.20 and for me it has been the most stable version I have used. For me 6.5 was a nightmare for some reason. I think it was to do with Kontakt!!!
Given the issues surrounding Logic and Pro Tools I actually feel quite lucky.

The bugs and issues are spread all over the forum so why bore people by repeating them … no point , the point is my software has issues which have been mentioned and i would like to know when Steinberg are releasing .30 , seems pretty strange to me to add another “0” to the incremental bug fixes and release absolutely jack shite :wink:

See: many threads moved to the lounge.

There are many unanswered questions surrounding this topic. Nobody really knows why they operate like this.

We don’t have a liaison between us and Steinberg. We do have admins who help with bugfixes, keep the boards free of rascals, and inform us about updates.

I’m sure many users would love to hear the rationale and/or reason behind why there’s a lack of updates, etc.