Any news on Cubase 6 ?

If I remember right it’s six weeks prior to the launch date.

Same here!
Probably lots of users that are still on XP 32 are going to update their system to a W7 64 together with this Cubase update.

Bob and The Oracle thank your for your reply.

You should get the I7 980X and you may never have to use freeze again.

Most softsynths are rubbish anyway.

About all a DAW can effectively do (bar DSP systems) is provide sample playback with limited synthesis capability let alone accuracy of filters, lfo etc

I much prefer solid state devices such as motif, roland gear etc

How about Korg Analogue and Digital Collections, Omnisphere, Absynth and Reaktor to name a few?

Mauri.

hi Mauri

Don’t use them.

Closest I came to softsynths was steinbergs’ own, and even then the results are less than spectacular.

Hardware all the way, with pro DAW software like our fave app cubase works really well.

Tc powercore, Fantom & motif are great since you can record them back to the sequencer via firewire/usb.

Kurzweil, access virus and so on are good sounding but having only digital out is less versatile as it must involve another interface.

Cheers

Can’t agree. I had PPG 2.3, CS80, Polysix and others. I sold them since I could not hear any difference to the emulated ones I own. I still have 10 hardware Synth’s and samplers and I do not switch them on anymore.

Hi oracle,

was it analog or digital?

If the latter surely you cannot hang onto old gear like that.

It is very expensive to make solid state as deep bit-depth wise as software but that does not mean the result is better.

With software you have unstable oscillations thus are useless for song writing.

As for sample playback, about the best you will get is drum playback and some mediocre orchestral sounds.

Even motif has limited bit depth. Fantom range is better but cakewalk is bad software so stick to cubase/roland for now until I can afford the real deal (kurzweil or modern moogers etc).

I don’t write much synth stuff at this time but when I do access virus on powercore isn’t far away and in the back of my mind is the old creamware range as they have updated ASIO to 2.2, but not VST3.

I’d like to see what HAL4 will offer but for now I am sticking to tried and true X-table from terratec on Kontakt 4 and when I want to record I use Fantom over USB for reliability (no thanks mlan/firewire).

Wanna buy some snake oil? :wink:

Of course I record @ 96Khz and mix down at 44.1 :bulb:

Amongst, the rest of that steaming pile of “information”, is this charming theory … He wants to go moog for the stable oscillators … good luck with that.

I’m hoping Mr. saver is just having a laugh. Otherwise …shudder…

The Yamaha CS 80 was for sure an “Analog-Monster” (PPG was a different thing that time). I still have solo tracks where I have recorded the CS 80. I have done comparison with the emulated CS 80 by Arturia. I might be deaf but it was nearly impossible to tell the difference (beside the fact that the “Soft-CS80” did not run out of tune).
Most of the todays Hardware Synths are computers anyway, they even boot… :smiley:

But back to topic, this is about Cubase 6

Here a picture of some nice stuff at the Frankfurter Musik Messe 2009

Cheers,

Chris

We will announce those things with the offical product announcement as well. But yes, there will be a grace period for customer who just bought Cubase 5.

Steinberg cooperation:

:mrgreen:

Is this modular thingie included in the box when we buy Cubase 6? :sunglasses: :laughing:

No, it is not included in the box :slight_smile:

When you have Cubase 6, you don’t need that kind of stuff anymore I think (sorry cannot give more details)

Cheers,

Chris

:astonished:

Cubase Upgrade $199
Shipping $12,799

Now you are really wetting the appetite :stuck_out_tongue: