any one running el capitan ?

Cubase 7.5 works perfectly fine using my internal soundcard. But when I plug in my focusrite scarlet, I doesn’t work. When I like use the scarlet for whatching videos or something it works perfectly. Does anybody know how I can fix the issue?

I’m (not) running Cubase Artist 8.0.3 in El Capitan 10.11.1 (beta version) and it crashes instantly. Not usable. Freaking out here cause got to get work done. What am I to do? Here’s the head of the crash log:

Process: Cubase 8 [689]
Path: /Applications/Cubase 8.app/Contents/MacOS/Cubase 8
Identifier: com.steinberg.cubase8
Version: 8.0.30.536 (8.0.30.536)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Cubase 8 [689]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2015-10-10 10:26:34.245 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.1 (15B30a)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 79DB4D75-C7C9-01DE-260B-A16C64151AF8

Time Awake Since Boot: 170 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000118045d98
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

I know, its my own fault since I installed El Capitan before reading the warning. Just wondering if there’s a workaround?

Seems there are quite a few under the hood changes to core audio in El Capitan as reported from many different manufacturers.

Further discussions are here too - C8 and OSX El Capitan - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I got my version working as normal by changing to the AutoAgg device in audio midi setup and then choosing this device under Devices - Device Settings once Cubase (hopefully) starts.
Also check the settings for your audio interface as El Capitan often seems to want to use the highest settings available for the device which may conflict with what you normally set up for a project.

Also make sure you have the latest ELC Licenser installed - http://www.elicenser.net/en/home.html

No promises this may help your issue, but other than rolling back it might be worth checking!

thank you DaveP. I don’t know where to look for AutoAgg. I have my own aggregate device but no matter what device I have set in Audio Midi setup, it crashes.

This is my setup, quite simple as only a Focusrite 6 Channel unit and the inbuilt stuff - the Agg Device is only the interface but this seems to be what suits El Capitan here at least.
I just use the internal speakers for system sounds as normal.

Maybe some help…
AutoAgg Shot.tiff (122 KB)

thanks. I have a 2i2 and have tried everything including mac default mic input and speaker output, and changing the sample rate and still crashes every time. I appreciate the suggestion.

Looks like Focusrite have been working on this, a bit more here on drivers -

http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/i-am-unable-to-use-my-scarlett-interface-as-an-inputoutput-device-on-os-x-1011-el-capitan

Been speaking to Focusrite about this. They’re out of ideas. I too get no sound (or visual indication of) with Cubase 8, El Capitan and Scarlett 18i6. The Scarlett works just fine outside of Cubase with other apps. Cubase works fine with internal sound driver.

Considering picking up a Steinberg UR12 or UR22 to tide me over. Can anyone confirm they work ok with C8 and El Capitan?

I am perfectly running Cubase LE8 on El Capitan 10.11.1

No problems at all.

Cubase Pro and Artist seem to be behaving differently with regard to this issue.

I’m running Cubase Pro 8.0.3 with the UR44 interface. Sometime the sound turns off, and starts glitching. Very annoying, but i think it’s the El Capitan that is causing the issue. I read somewhere online that, Steinberg is working/fixing some of the bugs caused by this.

Hope for something to happen soon :smiley:

They released new UR and CI drivers for mac today! :slight_smile:

Downloadet it, but i still have some problems. Might be something on Apple’s side. My sound’s disappearing. Some seconds later it’s back again… So strange. But since i’ve updated the driver, i guess there’s nothing more i can do, but wait on an update.

Hello, Sorry for being so late.

I am using Cubase 8.5 on El Captain (Macbook pro retina mid 2015) and there is a huge CPU consumption if checked through the activity monitor. While inside Cubase the CPU performance is nearly 20% only. As a result computer is overheating because CPU on activity is reading as far as 120%-170%.

Thanks for advising possible solutions.

Regards

Please find the list of compatible products acknowledged by Steinberg: https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/mac-os-x-1011-el-capitan-product-compatibility-info.html

Working flawlessly here.

CP 8.5 and OSX 10.11.3 Feels very solid :smiley:

Is there a El Capitan fix to 7.0 version? Or I am forced to upgrade to 8.5?

I have 6.5 it opens but not splash screen. 7.0 and 7.5 both open with no splash screen. Can’t comment on the stability as I’m no longer using them.

Cubase pro 8 and 8.5 are now both very stable after my OS X 10.11.3 update.