Any short cut to enter off-beat beaming?

Please refer to the attached screen capture, is there any short-cut to enter this kind of off-beat beaming?
I couldn’t find any, so I had to beam each of them individually, which is rather time-consuming.

JM.

Dear chengjm
Fwiw, you can create a shortcut to beam selected notes (the function found right-clicking) in the shortcut editor. I created my cmd-b shortcut a long time ago (as well as a alt-b shortcut to unbeam) and use it very often!

Another way is to change the meter to cut time on the second bar and hide it. I would do it on the top staff of the piano alone (alt-enter), so as to not disturb the notation of the other staves. Works well for previously notated music.

Notating from scratch, another strategy is to write one bar, beam it (I also use Marc’s shortcut), select the bar and press R as necessary, put the caret on the first note of the second bar, press L to lock values and enter the music. The new notes will retain the beaming. Works great with a MIDI keyboard.

I would follow Claude’s advice!

Dear MarcLarcher, by shortcut key, you mean creating the ‘Key Command’ using the Dorico’s Preferences menu, is that right? I assigned CMD-B to the function ‘Beam Together’ and indeed this speeds things up quite a bit. I don’t fully understand Claude’s method, and when I tried changing the meter, all staves are affected. How to change the meter of only the treble stave?

BTW, the short-cut key assignment can only assign ONE function to ONE key (with or without modifier key), there is no way to assign multiple functions to a single key, is that right? I.e. I can’t assign CMD-B to beam together the selected notes and add staccato (2 functions).

Input the new meter into the pop-over and confirm with Alt-Enter.

This assumption is correct. If you want to do multiple functions in sequence, with one shortcut, you’ll need to use external macro software. I highly recommend Keyboard Maestro for Mac, or Pulover’s Macro Creator for Windows (which is closely linked to AutoHotKey)