Any Steinberg Update on the promised EUCON support?

+1 for the Eucon adapter update!

+1

Today I wrote an email to the german support. I’m a Avid Artist and (since 2 weeks) in recording studio II an AVID S3 / Dock user with Nuendo. I need this features. The mixer-tools, VCA spill would be nice and so on. There are a lot of features I’m missing. And Avid is advertising with Steinberg DAWs. Where are the Steinberg Eucon workgroup people? Common. It is just a “simple” controller protocol. It can’t be so hard to implement it?

Do you have any forum/links/facebook groups especially for Steinberg-Avid-Controller/Eucon user??

Im looking forward!!

Please make implementation of Eucon 3 part of any further updates. The appset included in Cubase is now ancient.
Thanks very much!

I have been using a Raven MTi2 with Nuendo for a year, ONLY because it hides the tracks in the mixer when I use visibility agents. Yes it’s cool, but it is limited to 1080 screen size, which today is not enough, so I have been waiting for this LONG promised fix so the darn control surface will hide the tracks. I had a Eucon Mix Control for 8 years and that was the only real frustration. I have been using Cubase since v1 on the Atari ST, so PLEASE make this happen Steinberg; OR please make a version of Nuage we can buy for under 5k. A new Houston?

+1

Eucon has so much promise.

Not a day goes by that I hope the hiding channels issue will be resolved…

I think there is no interest from Steinberg to update Eucon, although it is still a selling point from Cubendo… from Steinbergand Avid!

It maybe that this seemingly odd state of affairs goes back to the take over by Avid and the Air /Oxygen keboards with hyper control which reappeared with a free Version of the Avid everywhere instead of the historical Cubase lite version.

In retaliation Steinberg seemingly stopped releases to the eucon adapter and not included a fully functioning Eucon adapter for the Nuage control system and mixer, and it hasn’t really upgraded it since and has not offered its user base a financially accessible alternative.

So, it’s maybe an act of revenge/sabotage between the two software developers getting viying for financial gain and market share.

in other words, it’s not going to be released unless both sides shake hands on it, move on to remember their marketing hype claims that that the two protocols are fully supported and compatible with eacher, something that has caused great frustration given substantial financial investment by users purchasing high end products from both parties.

BOTH PARTIES ARE OBLIGED TO CORRECT THIS OTHERWISE THEY SHOULD WITHDRAW THEIR MARKETING CLAIMS OR FACE A INTERNATIONAL TRADING STANDARDS INVESTIGATION.

Well, if cubase ever going to challenge ProTools it need to beat it them their home ground too.

yes, I think so too!
We should all remind them constantly to do their duty!
We shoud confront the support regularely with this topic, also on Avid’s side, they need to know that there is a big crowd of customers who want their software / hardware working as 100% promised / sold.