Any success importing video on mac OS in 9.0.3?

All I ever get is “thumbnail cache is unavailable” and the video doesn’t play. I’ve tried all the various formats I seem to have and nothing seems to work. If you’ve had success I’d love to hear what codec you used and how you did it.

Yes. Works for me. ProRes422(LT) and h264 in .mov containers, video plays, audio is imported on a track.

I’m beginning to wonder if it is dependent upon OS version. Which Mac OS X do you have?

Interesting, I tried those codecs and the audio will import but the video won’t play. Previous versions all work fine. I’m testing it on 10.9.5 - I’ve stayed with that version since the GUI seems to be a lot more responsive, especially when dealing with a lot of audio.

Still on 10.9.5 myself here… with the same problems as you have mentioned, which is why I thought it worth asking. But Steinberg have stated quite clearly that they no longer officially support Cubase on Mavericks (guess I’ve just been very lucky… never had any compatibility problems up until this)

I tried something that seems to be working, replace the videoengine.bundle file in 9.0.3 with the one from 9.0.2 . Video playback now works fine and you can use Replace Audio in Video option. I think the video engine fix is mostly targeted towards windows users for now so this gives the best of both worlds, 9.0.3 does seem a bit snappier and some bug fixes are noticeable and you have the light weight video engine that was previously working.

You may want to make a copy of 9.0.3 and use that to test so you still have a copy with the new videoengine.bundle untouched.

Hi! It’s not just on the mac ! I’m on Windows 7 professionnel and i have the exact same problems!
All I ever get is “thumbnail cache is unavailable” and the video doesn’t play. I’ve tried all the various formats I seem to have and nothing seems to work. If you’ve had success I’d love to hear what codec you used and how you did it. Have you found a fix ?
Many thanks
JFR

I can import and run video fine. Sometimes I have to close and open the video window if moving manually round but no biggy