Any support is good support, but no support is ****

Hi,

Been awaiting a 1st response to a support ticket for 6 days. Anyone have any suggestions before I freak out with frustration?

Rob

Good luck, is all I can say. Steinberg support is as its worst point ever in my experience with them. If you’re in a place where they have phone support, I would try that – otherwise don’t bother, in my experience. And yes: It is sh** to experience that, makes me not respect them as a company.

Have you tried asking for help here on the forum? Who knows… a user might be able to help.

Regards. :sunglasses:

Hi

Thank you, Yes I have, well at least to part of my ticket query. It started with a forum post, asking about missing content. I received a reply and a link, from Martin Jirsak, with the missing stuff, then actually found all the missing content in the Additional Content folder, attempted to install all of it and then even download the full installer, all 21GB + of it (which takes an age) and re-istalled cubase from scratch, but I’m still getting the ‘missing…’ error when I load the project. Another problem arose therafter, with audio not playing on a track unless solo defeat was enabled, and a third problem which while I could at first create Side-Chain ducking using a compressor, subsequent attempts to do so failed agin and agian, despite the same routing methodology being used. What I will do is ut and paste my support ticket text and submit it as a new thread and see what pops up, but what is vastly annoying is that Steinberg initially emailed a ‘ticket received’ notification, then it went quiet, and that was a week ago. Isent full descriptive informatio and 3 screen shots. I thought at least I would get something back.

Rob

Yes I feel your pain, years ago Steinberg had a great system for help, but now they seem to abdicate their support to the local distributor, and that is a waste of time as they really dont know much beyond the basics. They also seem to rely on these boards hoping other users will do Steinbergs support for free.

It is really frustrating

but what’s the question?

+1! We always seem to do steinberg’s work so they won’t have to hire capable people at their help desk?

1 Like

[/quote]but what’s the question?
[/quote]

I’ve posted the question; all 4 of them, in fact under the heading ‘VCA Faders, Side-chaning, IR Missing, No Audio-solo defeat’ in the ‘Issues’ threads.

Rob

I’m waiting for 10 days…nobody from support answered me…
This is really disappointing and I’m almost going to swicth my DAW for another one.
I am really upset.

Studio One (Presonus) has absolutely amazing support IMO, sucks to see Steinberg is so sh*t at it.

Agree! Some of countries can’t accept the support ticket. It’s crazy honestly… I got an Ableton as well and their support much much better… bas news of course. But maybe Steinberg will do something with that problem? It’s not normal situation I think…

What’s the problem? Have you posted here for some help already?

Waiting 18 days now for help getting Cubase 12 to open successfully. Thoroughly unimpressed with Steinberg having owned Cubase since v6.5

You’ll probably have to wait at least 10 days before receiving an answer. Then when you’ll answer back, you will again have to wait maybe a few days.
That said, they seem to answer faster when you’re a “regular”. I have reported dozens of bugs and the more I reported the faster they answered. Maybe they started to feel concerned as I was reporting more than 30 major bugs over two or three weeks ? I wouldn’t be surprised lol.

This topic is from 3 years ago. If any of you is having issues or have feedback to share, I would recommend starting a new topic.

Do keep in mind that it’s currently holiday season. Support should be speeding up again soon.

Hi @AndrewMcPherson - I’m sorry about the delay in replying, the support team are working as hard as they can to bring the wait time down. As someone else mentioned, it’s holiday season at the moment and unusually busy for this time of year.

In the meantime, I’ve found your ticket and released your Nuendo 12 activations. Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with.

1 Like