Just wondering because the recent version seems to be years old. It already is a very good synth, but there are improvements I could think of, like:
- it tends to be noisy. When Level is set to about 0 or slightly more, the effects introduce a lot of unwanted noise (even with resonance set to zero, which is mentioned in the manual). But even when I reduce Level to like -6db, chords in certain octaves have an unpleasant noise to them, although the sound is actually not loud enough in my DAW.
- it should have a control to set the oscillators’ phase to a fixed point of the wave (whatever the punchiest is), currently they seem to be free-running, which leads to inconsistent attack sounds and reduces Retrologue’s suitability for percussion and other “attack sounds”.
- a basic EQ (e.g. low and high like on a stereo, plus one parametric band with q for stressing any frequency one wishes)
- an additional independent envelope for pitch modulation or noise (Attack and Decay would do I suppose)
- a delay knob for the LFO’s
- sine as sub-oscillator waveform (so far I often use one of the main oscillators as a sub for that reason, which of course is not ideal)
I would really appreciate an update to this wonderful understatement synth