Any way to change MIDI remote assignments based on selected track?

I’d like to be able to use different MIDI remote mappings for the same hardware device when selecting different tracks. For example, when I select a violin track I want one set of controls for the buttons, sliders and knobs on my Novation controller but a different set when I select a trumpet track.

Does the new MIDI remote functionality provide any way to do that?

Thanks

Hi @rgames, if 8 parameters are enough for you, please use the “Focus Quick Controls”. They come closest to your need, I think.

Thanks - that might help a bit but I definitely need more than 8. Maybe a capability for the future…???

Should be a straightforward capability to add. Though I realize it’s not one that many people want…!

The MIDI remote panel gets you about 90% of the way there. Having that adapt dynamically based on track is the last bit left to do. Then you can have an on-screen display of articulations, control parameters, mic selection, etc. I do that with Lemur right now but as near as I can tell Lemur is dead so I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be able to do that. Plus, the Lemur approach requires a separate screen. If it were integrated directly into Cubase that would be a big help.

Thanks,

rgames