Any way to disable the Quantize button?

I’ve been working a lot with the Drum Editor and I take advantage of the way you can sweep the stick across the page and lay down a row of beats all one [quantize] apart. But I also write lots of syncopated rhythms where I’ve carefully placed lots of notes on off-beats or between beats.

The problem I’m having is that when I’m composing fast it’s too easy to hit the Q button by accident which makes Cubase “fix” all my carefully laid out syncopation! So want to keep the Quantize value (e.g., 1/8, 1/4, 1/16, etc) setting but disable the button because I never have any need to quantize anything. (I don’t record live or off my keyboard). Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Just remove it from toolbar.

Just remove it from toolbar.

As I said, I want to " keep the Quantize value (e.g., 1/8, 1/4, 1/16, etc) setting". There doesn’t seem to be any way to remove just the button without removing the value.

It’s convenient to be able to set and see the current Quantize value, which is why I made that distinction in my question.

If you want to disable the “q” key as a shortcut to quantize the selected tracks, I think you’ll be able to do that by going to the keyboard shortcuts editor in the edit menu and remove or remap the quantize function to another keyboard shortcut or none at all.

If you want to disable the “q” key as a shortcut to quantize the selected tracks, I think you’ll be able to do that by going to the keyboard shortcuts editor in the edit menu

No, as I explained, " when I’m composing fast it’s too easy to hit the Q button by accident". It’s the button, or its underlying functionality, I want to disable. It’s too easy to click on it by accident and when that happens it undoes a lot of work and I have no need to do what it does.

But the quantize value is used extensively in the Drum Editor so I don’t want to get rid of or hide that.

I’m sorry, my bad. I didn’t understand.

You can turn on Soft Quantize and in the Quantize Panel set the Quantize Strength to 0%.

Does require you to adjust the amount or turn it off if you want to quantize something.