Any way to save and reload the VST Connections setup?

Hi All,

I’m running Cubase 6.5 on a 27" iMac Core i7 2.8GHz with a MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid interface (connected via Firewire). Unfortunately, it seems like every other time that I launch Cubase the program defaults to the Internal Audio driver. I then have to go into the Device Setup and change the audio driver over to the MOTU.

That’s not a big deal. However, I then need to reassign all of my external synth audio inputs in the VST Connections window. I have 11 hardware synths and 2 external FX processors. This is a MAJOR pain to reassign the audio connections!

So I’m just wondering if there is a way to reload the VST Connections from a file on disc so that I don’t have to manually reassign everything every time the audio driver decides to switch on its own.

Incidentally, this random driver switching NEVER happens when I am running Logic. So I’m about to go back to using Logic because I just can’t deal with this hassle every other time I use Cubase.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

VST connections are saved with the project.

Set up your connections and save a blank (or not blank) project as a template.

Then, use that template.

As for the driver switching:
Does this happen when Cubase first launches (before loading a project or template)?
Or when you load a project?

Presets may be loaded or saved from VST Connections window.

Thanks for your reply. That’s a good question. I’ll check that out. Incidentally, the Mac’s “Output” driver stays selected as the MOTU (which allows me to play music from iTunes, for instance, through the MOTU interface). It’s only Cubase that is not recognizing the MOTU as the program starts up (?) for some reason.

I think the problem is with the MOTU. It’s a flakey POS that sometimes flashes on and off when I first power it up. I’ve read posts by other MOTU users who have the same problem (with various MOTU interfaces). It seems like a clock source problem (as in the MOTU can’t lock onto a clock on startup). I’m ready to dump it and get the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 instead.

Anyone have any experience with the Saffire?

+1