Anybody familiar with Presonus StudioLive III 32S Desk

You would expect that. So did I. That’s NOT the reality.

You load the first MCU and you connect it to StudioLive Main.
You load the 2nd MCU and you connect it to StudioLive Ext. 1.
You load the 3rd MCU and you connect it to StudioLive Ext. 2.
You load the 4th MCU and you connect it to StudioLive Ext. 3.

When that’s done, you get the results I described! :open_mouth:

This being the case, I tried connecting Studio 3 to the 2nd MCU to see if it made a difference. SOMEtimes it worked. Other times, this procedure did nothing. But at NO POINT WAS I ABLE TO GET THEM TO LINE UP IN CORRECT ORDER!! The same thing happened with the HUI Protocol. :angry: :cry:

Well, THAT’S interesting!! How did you correct the sequence?

Not having this function is causing a lot of other unexpected issues now. For one, I now have a 32 FIXED CHANNEL desk that accepts 64 USB streams of audio. Now, I’ve got to figure out how to map the tracks from 33 on!! I thought, at least I wouldn’t have to deal with this until track 64 and higher. But I’m getting some really strange effects on tracks around 100 not playing back correctly. There are no shortages of “Rabbit Holes” to fall into. :unamused:

Oh this is rich! I wanted to see what you get when you actually use Studio One with the desk, since they’re literally made for each other. They have a lot of Preset Templates already loaded. So, I picked their 16 track band recording template.

Sure enough, the Desk snapped into the physical view of the DAW’s mixer, including the colored tracks for easy categorizing. The very first thing I was eager to try was the “Mirror Function.” I went to a track on the DAW page and told Studio One to hide it. Then I looked expectantly down at the physical faders on the desk. THE TRACK WAS STILL THERE!!! :astonished:

I couldn’t believe it! The NUMBER ONE EXPECTATION of any controller working with any DAW is that Mirror function and it didn’t even have that! :angry:

I get that it didn’t work with Nuendo, because it wasn’t supported. But it’s own DAW? Seriously?

THIS IS NOT A PRO APPLICATION! :triumph:

So, I’m back to the regular discussions on EUCON and all the hassles therein, while anxiously awaiting Nuendo 11 and the Promised Fixes. Then I noticed my signature was listing the StudioLive 32 Console in the gear section. I had to change that back to my now repaired and restored Panasonic DA7 desk.

Sadly, I ended up taking the Presonus desk back to the store for a full refund. It was pretty with LOTS of potential. But, I’ve never worked on a worse designed desk. You’d have to vo back to Roland’s VR3700 (I think that was the model number) to even come close. So, for the record. I’m still in the struggle to fix EUCON or win the lottery to afford Nuage. :blush: :frowning: