Track Select Crashing issue APPEARS to be fixed in Eucon 20.5. BUT the new LAYOUTS FROM AVID CONTROL feature seems to cause crashing with the same track select error message! I’ve been working with it for several days now looking for “the trigger” but, so far, it’s inconsistent. You’re never sure WHERE in the process it will crash. You can only be sure that it will crash.
Other things,from the S3/S1/Artist Series that don’t work in Nuendo are (This complaint list is from the Avid Forum):
1) The Modifier Keys only seem to be working in PT, though it is not a PT only feature.
2) VCA Spill (PT only)
3) The new Track Folder feature is PT only
4) It’s now DROPPING KC FEATURES!!! KC’s that used to work via Eucon mapping have mysteriously stopped (lots of them!). I’ve had to rebuild a half dozen or so in the past 6 weeks with regular KC’s to get around this issue.
5) Nuendo doesn’t follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the S1
6) If you open a plugin via the S1, it opens in Nuendo, but when you close it on the S1 (using the “back” button) it is not closing in Nuendo and remains on the screen.
Another factor that is a BIG MYSTERY is whether any of these issues effect Eucon at the S4/S6 level? Eucon for S6 is NOT THE SAME as Eucon for S3/S1/Dock and Artist Series. I have had multiple threads going for months now trying to find an S6 user working on Nuendo. I haven’t had a single reply to answer that one question.
I’ve heard from one owner who JUST took delivery of an S6 about 2 weeks ago. He promised to let me know how it worked. I checked in with him yesterday and he said as soon as they got set up, they had Pro Tools sessions running for the next few weeks. He said that he’ll be able to try it on Nuendo in 10 days. That was on the Avid Forum and that’s as close to an answer as I’ve come. Nobody on the Nuendo forum has answered the question. Meanwhile, I found that someone else was trying to find out the same answers on the Avid Forum and he got these vague “it ought to work” type answers. You can read that for yourself here. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405024&highlight=S1+Nuendo
But, I can’t imagine that, at that price point, anyone would put up with that crashing issue or not having the hardware follow the software at every turn. But without actual confirmation, It’s anybody’s guess. But, if you’re seriously considering an S4, why wouldn’t you just go with Nuage?!!? That’s a guaranteed blissful result at a fraction of the asking price for the S4.