Anyone able to use Cubasis with the new M1 iPad Pros?

Hi there,

I have an RME Babyface audio interface, a new iPad Pro 12.9” 2021 and the latest Cubasis, 3.3.1. I’m getting very poor results with some simple recording. Just two mic’s, one for an acoustic guitar, the other for vocals and a line out from the guitar into the RME as well.

The issues are that I am getting some sever latency and I am getting very bad crackling. I’ve tried to adjust the audio settings a bit but I am still frequently getting artifacts. This is with very few effects and only those that come with Cubasis (rev, comp). As soon as I use any Inter-App 3rd party plugins, the sound completely deteriorates. Some Audio Unit plugins will work but it’s tenuous. The same setup connected to a 2014 Mac mini works fine. So it’s not anything in my signal chain.

I understand that the M1 iPads are new and that there may be issues. But I wondered if anyone is using one with Cubasis and getting a good sound etc? Maybe I got a bad iPad or something. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Hi @songwriter_in_c,

Thanks for your message and a warm welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Given our initial testings, the new iPad Pro M1 should work fine with Cubasis.
Does it help to set “Audio Engine Latency” to “OFF” to immediately resolve the problem?

Thanks,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks very much for your reply, it worked! Everything seems to be working great!
The only issue I’m having now is that I am getting the odd crash. Not while I’m recording though which is good. I have to figure out exactly what is triggering the crash but I’m happy I’m able to record now.

Really appreciate your assistance!!

Thanks
Dave

Hi @songwriter_in_c,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

Thanks very much for your reply, it worked! Everything seems to be working great!

Glad to read this!

Regarding your crash issue:
Are you able to provide me with the crash report, in order to share it with our engineering?

Thanks
Lars

Hi Lars,

Yes I have at least three from last night’s crashes that I can send to you. Let me know the best way t get them to you, DM?

Thanks
Dave

Hi @songwriter_in_c,

Thank you for your immediate.
Please check your private message.

Thanks
& stay well,
Lars