Anyone Else Experiencing This Bug?

Hi Folks,

I’ve experienced an odd bug a few times now. I’ve not been able to reproduce it regularly, because I’m not exactly sure what is causing it. As best I can determine, this is what triggers it:

1. Project song is playing
  2. I it record instead of play
  3. Immediately hot stop
  4. There is a slight lag, then a bizarre tape-like effect
  5. When the music stops, the length of the project increases radically all on it’s own. In the latest example, a 3 minute song (after the strange sound and stop) is now 35 minutes long.

I hope I am explaining this well enough.

My system:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.2GHz
16 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Cubase 64-bit (problem occurred in last 3 updates as well)
RME Multiface Driver v3.26

I’ve never seen or heard that specific problem. But sometimes I have had exceedingly long parts being created, and they increase the song size to lengths like you mention. It hasn’t happened for a while though (and not so far in Cb6), so I’m going on memory. I think it was connected to recording midi tracks in lanes mode with the cursor between the L/R pointers then clicking the record button when in play mode (like your example). When things like that happen for me I save the project and re-open.

Also, do you have the arranger track engaged? That seems to cause oddities I’ve noticed.

I’ve never been able to repeat these things, but if you find some way of doing it then tell us and we’ll test it. Or, maybe make a video of your problem - but that doesn’t really give Steinberg much to go on, they need a 100% reproducible set of steps ideally…

Mike.