Anyone else find the new timeline ruler in 8.5 irritating?

+1 here, the ruler area has become a “no go” for me when I’m trying to work quickly as the grenade always goes off in my face.

+1 for irritating, but the feature is actually usable for me.

if only the following was improved I’d be happy

• scale up this bar, I know they are trying to conserve as much as screen space as possible but I miss-click so often that it really isn’t speeding up tasks. The same goes for all controlling features made to small like the scroll bars for example.
  • let the mousepointer display in what modus you are

+1 An option in preferences to switch between the old mode and the crosshair.

They could just use the old pointer and change the direction of the arrow.

I vote for a 400x400 pixels Steinberg logo for all cursors, preferably animated :slight_smile:
Who’s with me?

Or what about expanding the new cross pointer downwards and putting a little Jesus on it. Haaaaleluja…
Sorry hopefully no one takes offence, it just popped into my mind :smiley:

I find all this stuff pretty maddening. I would prefer to turn off the loop-cycle trigger in the ruler (why? when there’s a perfectly good icon in the toolbar right above it?)

I also wish I could go back to the wider scrollbar at the bottom, like it was prior is Cubase 6 and earlier, but I suppose I’m in the minority on that.

Any indication that Steinberg is listening to these complaints?

None so far.

+1…totally irritating.

+1

Agree…

Agree. Sometimes there can be too much functionality!

Another +1. I would suggest starting a post in the Issues thread, but the pop up thread there has been there since Day 1 of 8.5, is massively supported and is still completely ignored by Steinberg 6 months on, so not sure it’s really worth the bother.

Yup, sure I started this post 6 months ago myself too and not a peep out of Steinberg regarding it. Sigh.

Yes it is irritating, but i can imagine some people like it, so make it a option in the menu, on/off.

Because living in an Ivory Tower has no windows and it seems that Steinberg cannot see out.

Very irritating Timeline ruler design so another +1 for some sort of option.

I like it, sort of.
I just wish it, like most other tracks, could be freely adjusted in height.

Yes, it’s not the functionality I disagree with, it’s just the accuracy needed to work with it. I love that they’ve separated the locators from the cycle punch in/out points, but if the timeline was larger so I wasn’t accidentally clicking on the wrong part of it half the time then I’d be much happier. Also, the cross-hair icon makes accuracy even more difficult - the tip of the pointer in previous versions naturally made precise clicking easier.

so I wasn’t accidentally clicking on the wrong part of it half the time then I’d be much happier

yeah, that’s the annoyance right there.

agree!

haven’t checked the loop-da-loop punch thingie too close (I like the idea, I think) but the cross thingie is an endless annoyance all the time. It was never this bad before.