Anyone having issues with Omnisphere 2 and C8?

Yes, I get the directory lags. I think it’s pretty standard with Omni 2 at the moment sadly. I checked with Spectrasonics and sent them a video, and they confirmed (they said mine might be slightly longer than normal due to a lot of 3rd party patches). There’s a lot of browser issues with Omni 2, to be honest (what with the out of control tag explosion) - hope it improves this year.

I got the sense that its the directories too. Trying to figure out how to remove 3rd party sounds…

[edit] removed the 3rd party sounds…to no avail.

Anyone tried reinstalling Omni2 after the update ?

:nerd:

Newest update of Omnisphere, out a few days ago seems to fix it for me.

cubase 8.0.35 here and omnisphere 2.
omni 2 is ridiculously slow here. takes about 3 seconds to swtich category, open, switch view etc etc.

Was true for me with an earlier version but no longer - are you on the latest Omni version?

No I’m on omni 2.0.10f or so

Omnisphere 2 is not slow for me. I have C-drive is a SSD and I have the Omnisphere sound files on an other SSD-drive. Bear in mind that there are some settings in Omnisphere 2 with regards to streaming and cache.

It is slow GUI wise not sample loading

There you go - just update Omni and problem solved.

Any chance that the announcement on September 1 will be Omnisphere related?

Highly unlikely I’d say. They’ve said its 10 years in the making, and it’s not hardware (so it can’t be a controller). Fun game guessing - my money is on a new guitar VST.

Yes, I agree. This will not be related to Omnisphere. When I posted this their website just said something new was coming. The message changes everyday. :smiley:

And you’re probably right about a guitar VST; that would complete the basic Rock toolbox: drums, bass, guitar and synths.

But personally, I’m hoping that it’s a vocal-based VST capable of singing lyrics that you type in like Yamaha Vocaloid or EWQL Symphonic Choirs + WordBuilder. Except suitable for Rock and such. I’d be willing to pay quite a bit for this since I can’t sing to save my life and have a bunch of nearly finished songs waiting for vocal tracks. Cheers…

Introducing Keyscape: