Anyone having problems with Halion 6, Halion Sonic, or Dark Planet refusing to play more than a handful of notes?

Hi.

Since upgrading to C9.5 neither Halion 6, Halion Sonic, Halion Sonic SE, nor Dark Planet will play more than a few notes before the audio goes silent. The instruments are still receiving midi, but there is no sound output. If I replace the plugin with another VST instrument, the track/channel plays fine. If the replacement instrument is one of the four I mentioned, it plays notes briefly before again going silent. Note that if I load an instrument into another slot of Halion or Halion Sonic using a different midi channel, I will get sound…but just for one or two notes then it suddenly goes silent also and will not make a sound even if I change the assigned instrument.

This only happens with the four VSTs I mentioned, other Steinberg VSTs (padshop, groove agent, mystic, etc) play fine.

I’ve re-downloaded and installed the latest Halion and Halion Sonic updates.

If anyone has seen this behavior, please confirm. If anyone has any suggestions on how to address this, please share.

Thanks!

G

Are you using the new 64 bit mixing engine? Does enabling it or switching back to 32 bit make a difference?

Hi.

Thanks for responding. I must have missed the notification about your reply. Apologies.

I will turn off the 64 bit processing option and try. I have noticed very occasional CPU spikes/warnings since I turned it on, so have been meaning to turn it off anyway. I’ll let you know later today.

Thank you.