Anyone here tried the MMP1

Has anyone here tried using the Yamaha MMP1 Studio Monitor Manager (I’m particularly interested in anyone using it with Nuage)?

Using it in our Cinema room.

Fredo

1 Like

I’m guessing that you’re only concerned with the back end to feed the Surround/Atmos monitors, yes? It doesn’t seem to have a lot of inputs (only 8 Analog I/O and 16 Digital I/O).

I’d prefer 24 analog I/O, which is why I’m still looking at desks to replace my old desk. But the built in integration with Nuage made me wonder if it’s worth the aggravation of the extra hardware, via adaptors, to get the necessary inputs.

That is correct. Switches flawlessly between all different formats. 5.1, 7.1, Auro 3D, Atmos, etc …
What about the Nuage Hardware?

BTW, happy with your Nuage?

Fredo

1 Like

I don’t want to spend more money to “reinvent the wheel.” That’s my problem with all the monitor management systems that I’ve seen. You end up spending so much for connective units that you could’ve purchased 2 desks! Meanwhile, the desk will actually allow me to “work manually,” should I have a catastrophic failure with my computer, since I can track directly to my HDR. That original setup has saved me on more than one project.

Absolutely love it! I’m not kidding when I say that this purchase has probably lowered my blood pressure by several points! :rofl: I’m still getting used to a lot of workflow changes. But the main thing is NOW, I just turn the system on and go to work!