Anyone know how to export the groove templates from stylus??

In spectrasonics stylus rmx the time designer has all the quantize grooves that I want but I want to import them to use in cubase’s quantize. Anyone know how??

Thinking off the top of my head here, but I may be able to come back with more in a couple of days.
You could have a loop in the time designer in RMX and record this straight out as audio. In Cubase, as this is effectively monophonic, you could extract the midi from the audio & you have the quantised groove now sitting as a midi file in Cubase.
I’m sure that there’s an easier way using just midi but I’m away from my music rig at the moment.
Hope that is a bit of a help & not a red herring.
Neil

**IIRC,

Create Groove within RMX (Time)
Drag and Drop MIDI onto timeline
Create Groove (Advanced Quantize)**
:nerd:

Yep, that’s right
I couldn’t remember if drag & drop from RMX included the time design

Thanks. I tried by doing the first method. I used a straight hat loop and applied the quantize preset in time designer. Then I recorded the loop and renamed it to the description I wanted. Then made a advanced quantize preset. Works great. I now have the Logic and Mpc grooves. The only thing is I’m not sure if I have to use a loop with 16th notes or more to get the proper quantize?? I used a loop pattern and set it to double so it’s playing 16ths. Seemed to work good.

Thanks for the help.

The second method suggested by theRoyal1 is probably the preferred method (by Spectrasonics).
I didn’t suggest that at first for the following reason:
In RMX, Chaos (I know, slightly off-topic) does not export everything as midi to your arranger track in Cubase.
Some of the options require capturing in audio.
I wasn’t sure if the same applied in the Time Designer - hence the quick solution that I suggested.
The way to try out the second option is to ensure that the midi loop you drag to Cubase is what you expect, so:

1. Pick a loop - nothing to fancy. Drag & drop into Cubase
  2. Now double the speed of it in RMX - drag & drop it again. See the difference in the result.
  3. Go into time designer & select something that makes an obvious change to your chosen loop - drag & drop the midi again into Cubase. Check to see that the result you wanted is in the midi file.

The first method really only shows that there is more than one way to achieve things, but I’d go with theRoyal1 method as the best & easiest option.
Neil