Anyone on Vista installed 6.5 ok..?

Uh-oh…! Everything fine with 6.0.5 and Vista32 on my machine (even though not recommended/supported).

However, the new C6.5 update doesn’t want to install here… Others are happy seemingly, on Win7. Is it the end of the line for me…!!!

Bump…!

Although, encouraged by Parrotspain’s post about it installing and running on XP fine…! :slight_smile:

Still waiting for a Vista success(?) story from someone, please…?

Bob

One more bump before I head out to work…! Maybe someone chips in by the time I get back in, early eve.

Bob

I’d be interested to find this out too. I’m on the fence about this new update… I run Vista64 on one of my machines so if there’s a compatibility problem, then that will probably settle it.

Unfortunately I am still stuck - no-one else using Vista has seen this thread or got hold of the update yet it seems. I am on Vista32 SP2.

I’m also writing in this thread here:-

I posted a crash log (it is Setup.exe that is failing, immediately after unpacking/extracting the files from the download - it seems to want to try running it, but just crashes).

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Setup.exe
Application Version: 2.0.1.0
Application Timestamp: 4f31103a
Fault Module Name: KERNEL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e037dd
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0003fbae
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Oh, and the downloaded file (Cubase_6.5_Update_Win.exe) indicates its 758,243 KB in size - just to validate any possible corruption issues with the download.

Well, I’m off into some circles of hell or other…

I bit the bullet and connected my machine to, wait for it, THE INTERNET…!!! (What have I done…!)

Then I went to Windows Update. It said i needed 97 IMPORTANT updates and 24 OPTIONAL - over 460MB of updates… Oh boy…!

You never know, it might work… :slight_smile: :smiley:

Wow, there’s all sorts in there; mostly security updates mind, but bigger things like .NET framework and graphics drivers, bits and pieces, etc, etc…

Maybe this is a lesson learned. I thought I was pretty up to date with its basic workings (not interested so in the security stuff, as I knew it was NEVER going anywhere near the 'net). C6.0.5 was humming away like a good 'un… No problems whatsoever; smooooth as butter…!

But, well lets see (probably be tomorrow at this rate…).

To be continued…

Bob

EDIT:- I’ll just edit here to say that I am finally up and running with C6.5 - after a system-wide update (of over 460MB of patches) via Windows Update…! Something that hasn’t been done since I bought the machine late 2007… (except for the usual Service Pack installs of course… after all, everything had been running smooth as silk - ‘if it ain’t broke’ and all that…!)

Anyhow, lesson learned…! :wink: :wink:

I’m on Vista SP2. It seems alright.