Anyone Transfered from Finale v26 to Dorico Pro 3

As long as there remain things that Finale can do which Dorico can’t, then Dorico will always be seen as ‘not there yet’. (And bear in mind that includes a colour drawing of a flashing Christmas tree.)

Dorico does have some large lacunae: better staff hiding and cutaway scores, Layout changes, line and box drawing, greater flexibility in hiding/altering individual items: but it’s certainly addressing them faster than Finale is fixing its manifold deficiencies.
For that reason, I see every reason to be enthusiastic about Dorico, even if is ‘not there yet’.

Rob, is you can foresee the post AFTER yours, can you tell us when the next update will arrive…? :wink:

Steve, I originally posted just the first sentence, but after the next post arrived I expanded it a bit.

And if I could tell you when the next update will arrive, I would then have to shoot you before you told anyone else :slight_smile:

It may or may not be a relevant that NAMM runs from the 16-19 January though.

Hmm. The only thing about that, Rob, is that Daniel’s going to be at a conference in Salzburg and at least someone from the team will be at NAMM. That leaves fewer people than usual in London…