Anyone Using M-Audio Delta Series?

I need a soundcard for my soft synth box to use live.

Anyone know what the lowest possible latency is with these cards? Is it listed in samples etc?

64 samples

Hippo

64 samples (~2-3ms depending on sample rate) is the lowest possible, but typically, after a few tracks and some plugins, you’ll have better luck at 128 samples, even on a newer computer. My experience…YMMV.

Oh sh_t …

I have an old one, I was hoping for 32 Samples… no way to get it that low?

No tracks, No playback just Akoustik Piano, Pro53, Superwave and B4 all running …
Intel i5 1333 2GB SSD in a rack … nothing complex

You should be able to get 64 samples then, if you have things set up right.

M-Audio stuff has never been able to get below 64 samples as far as I know. You could try with Asio4All, but I doubt that will get you there. Are there drivers that allow 32 samples for anything? Never seen one, but I have limited exposure to the universe of audio devices I suppose.

I can’t imagine anyone being able to tell the difference between 1 and 2 milliseconds latency…or whatever miniscule difference it comes out to be. From my understanding, that’s typically lower than real hardware synths/keyboards.

Yes! …

That synth rack setup is working on 64 samples with no warning lights or glitches at 96K with around 1ms latency! …

Hardware is dead!