anyway to rename insert fx in mixer?

As a keen Nebula user, is there any way to rename inserts in Cubase 6 as all my nebula instances all look the same. If I’ve got a console and a tape and and 2 eq’s all on a channel I’ve no way of knowing which is which unless I open it.

In Reaper you can just rename any insert in the mixer which is very handy in this case

MC

Sadly not as far as I know.

Nebula does allow you to create multiple instances with unique names though you also have to create a unique xml for each one. There is some freeware I think called Nebulaman available via the Neb forum that helps with this.
You can select which libraries appear in which instance so you could create NebTape, NebConsole etc, etc.

Still only goes part way to helping as all EQ or Comps would still look the same.

thanks Grim, sadly creating multiple named nebulas becomes a PIA when you update,which happens quite frequently as you have to go through every instance and make new ones with the updated .dll and .xml files.
About 18 months ago I made new nebula instances for different consoles, reverbs, eq types and used different skins for each one, it was great until I did the first update and reaslised it didn’t update them all only the default one and I would have to repeat the whole procedure again!!!still nebula never has been an easy option but personally I think it’s the closest thing to hardware I’ve ever used so I put up with it’s idiosyncrasies :slight_smile:

MC

it was great until I did the first update and reaslised it didn’t update them all only the default one and I would have to repeat the whole procedure again!!!

Oh yes…hence NebulaMan which will save your requirements & create them for you (I think…haven’t used it)

I also used to use an instance for each category but then Neb server was introduced & on first release wouldn’t support separate instances at all, so I was forced to revert to single instance. Then they reintroduced the capability for more instances but I just can’t be bothered changing everything again!

Problem with this is backwards compatibility is shot…if I open old projects they look for NebConsoles or NebTapes plugs & they’re not there any more!