Apogee Duet 2 & Cubase7 Issue?

Hi all,

I recently purchased my new Duet 2 for iPad & Mac. I run
Cubase 7.5 on my Mac Pro - 2.7GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB
1600MHz DDR3. I am running OS X 10.9.4. I updated the
firmware as per the Apogee website then installed Maestro. I opened
up a previous recording in Cubase and ran it through my
headphones directly out of the Duet 2. It is SO distorted it is
not even listenable. The original recording is perfectly clear.

After a few support suggestions from Apogee I tried a few other things.

First I quit Cubase and then played some music through I tunes via the Apogee. It worked and was fine. I then stopped that song and tried again and it didn’t work? So I unplugged the USB cable from the Apogee and plugged it straight back in and it worked. I then exported the song I have recorded from Cubase into MP3. With Cubase shut down I played this song of mine and it sounds perfect through the headphones. I then opened Cubase and tried to play the exact same song but it sounds terrible again through Cubase. I have already reset the Apogee and have unchecked the 0db attenuation box in the control.

Since then I have been in touch with Apogee support and they have come back with this:

Since it’s only audio from Cubase that’s distorted, this would indicate the problem is with that program and not the Apogee hardware.

My guess is there’s a problem with Cubase’s ASIO wrapper that they use to interface with Core Audio on OSX. But Cubase support would be more knowledgable about that. You will probably need to contact them to troubleshoot this issue.

If anyone knows how to help me resolve this it would be legendary! Thanks

Hello,

Are you running Cubase 7.5 64 or 32 bits?
What Buffers size are you using, have you tried increasing the buffer size, do you have ASIO-Guard activated?
Please make sure you have te latest update installed for Cubase, it should be the 7.5.20 update.

On the other hand I am moving this thread to the General forum.

Best regards,
GN