Applying Glue on Events Jumps The Project view way back!

Hi,

What is goin on please? whenever, I glue to adjacent events in project view,The Project view jumps ( 20 measures). However the cursor is at the original position. Please see the attachment. The cursor is at 63 where I apply the glue, right after the glue application, the window moves to measure 45! But playback at bar 65!

Thank you,
CS
pastNavigatesFarback.gif

Hi,

Does it jump to the begging of the new (glued) MIDI Part? Is it the same when you close the Key Editor from the Lower Zone?

Yes, it seems it does backwards not to the beginning. Can I change the behavior in the preferences? It only happens when you are glue some events in the middle and in key editor. To replicate it do the following:

1. create two midi tracks,
  2. use pencil tool to drag event from 1-50th measure on the first track and on track 2 draw for only two measures say 35 to 37 and place few notes in it say in in-place editor.
  3. drag the event from track 2 to 1 by holding the alt key ( to copy it.)
  4. click copied part and Open it in the key editor in the lower zone.
  5. Use the glue on track 1.

You see the window jump!

I just tried it again.

Thank you,
CS

Hi,

Yes to me, the editor jumps to the beginning of the newly created (glued) MIDI Part. So if the 2nd part was selected originally, the beginning the jump to the beginning of the 1st MIDI Part could be significant.