Applying playback template to different orchestral projects

I am having problems with loading a saved playback template with another clone copy of the same score. When saving a playback configuration (using EWQL) it doesn’t appear anywhere in playback configuration, so how do I access what has been saved there in order to load it up quickly with another score?

jakub

Sorry to hear you’re having problems, Jakub. First you should save an endpoint configuration via the VST Instruments panel in Play mode, so that you have saved the specific configuration of your EWQL plug-in(s), then you can construct a playback template using that endpoint configuration in Play > Playback Template. The basic procedure is described here.

Daniel,

Yes, I know I fell off the grid after your last reply. So. I’ve tried a method of saving the original endpoint configuration and then retrieving it under the playback template in order to build a custom one. I named my original one “Orchestral” and the new one “Orchestral +Piano”. I created my custom playback template ("add playback template), and included my “Orchestral” template in it plus added another one that includes a piano sample in it. I hit “Apply and Close” and tried to load it into another score and nothing happened. I had eight Play engines in my first one, but only five will load in the new one?

The first image shows my preferred orchestral PT, and below is the one where I need to only add a piano to the existing EPC already in PT settings. As you can see I could not clone the first one and regardless of trying to add more instances of PLAY into “VST Instruments”. Also, in the final diagram (EPC) I could not change the content of what is automatically loading up in there e.g. for whatever reason I cannot put “Orchestral” at the top.

I would appreciate any input.

Jakub

Perhaps you could verify that applying any playback template is working as it should in your second project. Try applying the default HSSE+HSO (Pro) playback template, and see if it clears down all the Play instances and loads up HALion Sonic SE. If it does, then try re-applying your new Orchestral+Piano template.

Daniel,

Hi. I was able to save the first template as “orchestral”, but when opening the other project it would load only a few VST instances. I eventually added the missing instruments manually and saved the template. It seems to work fine. Quick question while I’m at it, would div. into 4 within one stave of vln. only need one patch of vln. vs. div. into four staves need four patches? thanks again.

Whether or not you need multiple patches for violin divisi really comes down to whether or not you need them to be able to play different playing techniques among the different divisions at the same time. If you do need separate simultaneous playing techniques, you should indeed use independent voice playback and then have one sound loaded per division.

Daniel,

Thank you. That makes sense.

Jakub