Applying plug-ins to audio??

Simply RTFM and you´ll see, there´s no need for an official confirmation, but have fun waiting…

I might be missing something but…
If you already owned Cubase 5 (full) you could have upgraded to Cubase 6 (full) for $149.99. In fact, I don’t see why you can’t still do this. You have Cubase 5 (full) and Cubase 6 Artist. You can buy the upgrade from 5 to 6 to get the full version. The Cubase 6 actually cost you more than Cubase 6 full would have to start with.
In the original post you mention Cubase 5 but not sure if that means you owned it or just have used it before.
Maybe I am wrong…
J.L.

Probably a friend´s Cubase 5… :wink:

RTFM…?

Yes, it was a friend’s Cubase, I had to check for the same feature and it was there…

Read the fine manual…

Yes, it was a friend’s Cubase, I had to check for the same feature and it was there…

Yeah but is has never been there for any of the “smaller” Cubase versions at least since SX 2…

oooh, you ment RTMF! :slight_smile:))
I wouldn’t like that, but if I must…

Ma bad. I did not read page two of this post. Question answered.
{‘-’}

Unless I’m completely misunderstanding something, this whole discussion is pointless, because what the OP wants to do is already 100% part of the Auto-Tune graphic mode workflow.

Once you’ve “tracked pitch” in the graphic mode window, simply fix the notes you want to fix and leave the rest alone.

Am I missing something??

You mean, use AutoTune on a track insert? I would have to “track pitch” of the entire track (or at least to the part I want to fix, every time), which is time consuming and not “workflow friendly” :slight_smile: (understatement of the year :slight_smile:

Yes, use it on a track insert. Whether it’s an insert or an offline process, you will still have to “track pitch” for the section(s) of audio you wish to modify. There’s no way around that. That’s how graphic mode in Auto-Tune works.

Using Auto-Tune as an insert will not only be just as fast, but preserve the pitch correction work you’ve done (since it will continue to be an active plugin), which means that you can go back and make a minor change later.

If you only want autotune on say , certain phrases …How about
Juat make a xtra track just under your vocal track and cut the parts out that you want to tweak , and ctrl drag them down to the xtra track , and then use autotune Just on those few phrases as a insert plugin ?

and of course not have autotune on the bulk of the original vocal track ( that doesn’t need it)

??? There is no advantage to creating a second track, and it would also mean that the two tracks would then need to be routed to a group track for any processing. That is a huge hassle, and totally unnecessary, since what you would do on the new Auto-Tune-only track would be identical to what you would do anyway.

This is simple. Insert AT on the vocal track. Go to where there is a bad note or phrase. Press the “Track Pitch” button. Press play. After the bad note or phrase, press stop. You will now have editable squiggly lines for just the bad note or phrase, and no processing will be done on the rest of the audio. Moreover, if you decide (15 minutes later) that you don’t like very end of a pitch edit you did, you can simply open the plugin GUI back up and make the change, since your orignal work is still active.

If that is not the quickest, easiest way to do what you’re trying to do, than I don’t understand what you’re trying to do, and I’ll stop cluttering up this thread with useless information.

That´s what I suggested already, but the OP seemed to insist on offline processing…

If the section I need to fix is, for example, in the last chorus of the song, AutoTune (if inserted) would need to track pitch of the entire track before it reaches the section. That way, I lose a lot of time, as opposed to just selecting the dodgy bit and fixing it.

The other point I was trying to make (again) is that this difference between C6 and CA6 is not shown in the Feature Comparison table on Steinberg’s website, so this will come as a big surprise to a new customer like me who purchases the Artist version.

I agree with you about the extra track, huge hassle…
I will try what you are suggesting today when I get to my studio, but I’m not sure it works that way… Have you tried it? When I use AT, I press Track Pitch, and then Preview button, and then it scans the selected section for pitch.

Still waiting for response from the officials :slight_smile: either here or PM…
Suggestions, guys, please…?

Thank you @VariMu, you were right, this can be used as a workaround - I do have to track pitch for the whole track in order to Make Curve, but it is doable, it seems I’ll have to get used to doing it that way.
Surprisingly, still no answer from Steinberg since Thursday… :unamused:
Well, I have to say the new Pro Tools looks great :smiling_imp: :smiley:

why not use vari-audio?

That’s still something I have to learn…