ARA 2 limitations in Cubase 10.0.30 and Nuendo 10.1

Can’t crossfade edits
This and clip gain pretty much make it impossible to use in the intended way of being able to comp vocals with melodyne extension on each take/lane

For me is impossible to use ARA on Cubase now… :frowning:

Dumb question… is ARA only for the Pro version?

I checked with Celemony yesterday and all V4 incarnations of Melodyne including ‘Melodyne Essential’ support ARA.

Yes, just the Pro version. ARA was implemented starting in version 10.0.30 forward.

1. Melodyne ARA crashes every now and then
  2. Melodyne ARA goes out of sync sometimes when you use a tempo track.

Therefore I have gone back to using Melodyne VST for now.

One thing that the S1 / Melodyne integration has that I don’t believe Cubase has is the ability to extract midi data from an audio source and drag it directly to a track in the DAW (no need to export and then import).

I also thought ARA2 has the ability to integrate with chord track info from the DAW, but I don’t believe it has been programmed for in Cubase.

Please correct me if I am wrong on either of these.

What about 10.5 and ARA2?

Bump. Any improvement on the ARA issues in the new Cubase 10.5?

1 Like

Well, the silence is the answer… :frowning:

I guess a half dozen new key commands took up all there resources! 8^P

Maybe happy colored faders made more sense to Steinberg than usability. :mrgreen:

:sunglasses:

Seriously disappointed. ARA2 is not usable. Still using melodyne as insert here…
Please fix this.

It sounds like there’s another 10.0x maintenance release in the works, and my hope is that Steinberg is concentrating on implementing the remaining ARA2 features/fixes along with [125/150] HDPi scaling on Windows. I kind of feel like they owe those two fixes to their customers as they were advertised features which are only partially implemented.

Bump.

Cubase is still crashing all the time when using ARA in Cubase 10.5 (just had 6 crashes in half an hour). Could you please update the limitations?

Hi Maitch,

Which extension (Melodyne, Vocalign, Revoice Pro) are you using when your application is crashing? Can you replicate the issue and make it happen on purpose? If so, what steps cause the crash?

I had an issue with crashes when I tried to use the Bounce functionality instead of Render with Vocalign Project 3 when trying to commit my changes. Apparently, Bounce doesn’t work well with Extensions.

If you can replicate the issue, I would create a support ticket with the details or at least post it in the issues section of the forum.

So, we can concluded that ARA 2 has more limitations than what are listed, and so far, the 10.0.40 & 10.5 update has not fixed all the important issues. Is the Yamaha engineering team addressing this?

Using Nuendo and Revoice 4 Pro is a nightmare.
I dont know which "limitations" Steinberg is talking about. Doesnt work at all.

Just tried Melodyne 5 Essential & Studio trial which is great - it’s new chord track being an example, particularly combined with polyphonic samples Melodyne 5: Working with chords - YouTube. There is an option to use DAW Chord track which would be a killer feature, but this is greyed out in Cubase Pro (10.0.60 & 10.5.2). I checked with Celemony and they advised that “The feature that Melodyne is able to use the chords from the host is not yet part of the Cubase ARA integration” and didn’t know if Steinberg were planning to integrate this feature in their ARA implementation. So would be great to know if this is on the Steinberg roadmap.