ARA RANT LETTER

+1 please.

Mike.

As a longtime Sonar user about to dive in to the world of Cubase, there are a number of things I’m very excited about, and a number of things I know I’m going to miss…ARA is a HUGE one.

+1 for me!

A BIG +1. Or implement formant tool in variaudio.

+1 for more tools in VA (amplitude adjust, formant, VocAlign type facility, etc).

also a big +1 for me!

+1

Had to chime in, would solidify the “Pro” in Cubase, also allow Steinberg to shift resources in development from Variaudio to other things. Variaudio could remain in non pro versions.

No for ARA. Better the further development of VariAudio.

No? You do realize that ARA is an API that has been worked out for installation into any DAW.

Basically, it’s a no-brainer for Steinberg to implement it and wouldn’t cause a slowdown in Variaudio development. All it does is make Melodyne behave like an Audio Editor page within Cubase…particularly pertaining to the convenience of unified transport control and file creation. It’s just another tool.
IMHO, Steinberg’s refusal to consider it is more likely on a personal level rather than a technical one.

No, no… I can’t for the life of me think there’s anything remotely personal in it at all.

+1 Lets see what else they can improve on with VA

I will not upgrade to any version of Cubase that does not have ARA implemented.
Just bought Sonar 2015.
Yes I will miss Cubase until the moment I start using Melodyne in Sonar.

And I am anxiously waiting of the new Melodyne Editor 3 and see what new wonderful features are added.
Also wondering if any other plugin will also take advantage of ARA.

+1 for ARA :exclamation:

Also, I can’t imagine it doing any harm to Vari Audio.

Yes it must be included to be “Pro”. Just to keep up with the Jones’. I can not fathom why they are not including it already. You don’t need to offer the extra cost of a basic Melodyne version. I imagine most of us that want this feature already have Melodyne editor already. Just do it Steinberg! DO IT

I can see a deesser taking advantage of ARA

+1 for ARA

+1 for ARA

+1

+1, I use variaudio and melodyne and must say melodyne is by far the more effective player in this matter. but the lack of integration in the cubase workflow really kills its potential. come on steinberg!

This needs a bump. It has gotten too far down the list! +2

+1 for ARA implementation in Cubase Pro 8.5 (having said that, i don’t think any of us would really care if you include a free essential version of Melodyne, but that would be nice as PreSonus offers that)

ARA implementation is definitely much needed!

+1