Arduino kills Cubase 13?!

Hello! I have a midi controller programmed on an Arduino Leonardo. I recently updated Cubase to version 13. Now when I launch Cubase 13, all my projects started crashing because of this controller. After Cubase 13 crashed, when I started it again, everything worked. The controller is connected via USB, updating the controller driver for Windows did not fix the problem. If you disable the midi controller, then everything works without failures. Is there any solution to this problem?

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Can you try to enable the WinRT MIDI Driver in the Studio Setup > MIDI Ports Setup?

Could you attach the *.dmp file?

I’ll try to enable this setting. I’ll send the *dmp files later. I’m not at the computer right now.

When I activate the WinRT setting and connect the controller to the computer, Cubase 13 freezes and does not respond, at this moment I remove the USB cable from the controller and Cubase 13 starts working normally. As an alternative, I connected the controller via a standard DIN5 cable to my audio interface, with this connection everything works without problems.

I am sending dmp files.
Cubase 13.0.30 64bit 2024.4.7 16.53.11.152-freezedump.zip (798,0 КБ)

Hi,

Reported to Steinberg. Thank you.

Hi,

The crash is in the Windows in the MIDI area. There is nothing to see what goes wrong within Cubase. It could be driver or firmware-related regarding the Arduino.

I think that the problem is in the firmware of the device, since the controller is not standard. This is probably just a local problem of mine.