Are annual updates to Nuendo more expensive than Cubase?

I’m considering the crossgrade, but I have heard people say that keeping Nuendo up to date is a lot more expensive than Cubase. Is that true? Thanks!

It hasn’t really been “annual” as far as I can recall. Can’t remember the exact numbers. Do a search, no?

Yes, but it doesn’t break the bank.

For the last few years Cubase has pretty consistently done a paid update every year. Is that not the case with Nuendo? In any case from what I’ve read, it sounds like they are trying to get nuendo on the same track as the Cubase cycle.

My question is: what is the update cost for nuendo usually to stay current? For Cubase it’s usually around $100ish.

IIRC 249€ for updating version number up from previous

Yes, they’re going to try to get them roughly on-par as far as releases go. Previously as far as I can recall there wasn’t a new version every year. More like every 18 months or more.

Choose your option. Currently $250 from 7 to 8.

With version 10, Steinberg is also making Nuendo more affordable.
“We are dramatically reducing the price for full and update licenses of Nuendo 10 to give back to the many professionals who already benefit from Nuendo and those who are toying with the idea to switch,” notes Steinberg Pro Audio Team head Timo Wildenhain. “Everyone needs to understand why we believe that Nuendo 10 is the most cutting-edge digital audio workstation today.”
Pricing and Availability
Nuendo 10 will be in Q2 2019. The suggested retail price for the boxed version of Nuendo 10, which includes the required dongle, will be 999 euros, whereas the download version will be available for 979 euros. These prices include German VAT. Customers who have activated Nuendo 8 or previous versions since March 13, 2019, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to Nuendo 10 as soon as it is available.

I have not seen paid “x.5” releases for Nuendo (I could be wrong) like there is with Cubase, nor has Nuendo had paid updates annually… so it looks like you pay for the major updates only. If that is the case, the margin is much smaller between Nuendo and Cubase costs.