Are Crash logs kept anywhere?

I’m running the latest Cubase 5.xx version on an Asus P5K WS Mobo, Win 7 - 64 Prof with 4 gigs of ram, Nvidia 8800GTS, with a Echo Audio Gina 24/96 soundcard. To begin with I do realize that the Echo site warns against this soundcard with Win 7.

It seems that all audio functions within Windows work fine (Media Player, watching Vids etc) until I fire up a Cubase project. My projects are minimalistic i.e. 3 or 4 audio tracks and no other outside VSTs used. Anywhere from 3 to 7 minutes into using Cubase my system (Windows) just locks up. The project will stop and I have to do a hard reboot (Windows will not respond to any input, no mouse moved etc). I’m just sitting there looking at a frozen project.

Are there, and where and how can I read any crash logs that may be retained? I really don’t have the money and I don’t want to go buy a new soundcard just to find the same problem exists. I would really like to find out what is causing this problem and fix it. There are absolutely no other problems with my system, only when using Cubase.