Are diagnositic reports attached to the project?

Trying to create a meaningful report here, I can replicate the Select All bug that crashes Dorico, but according to Daniel the report doesn’t include any logs. This is what I’m doing:

1. Open a project
  2. Select All
  3. Try to click somewhere or press a key - Dorico window goes white
  4. Try to click again - Windows’ pop-up says this program is not responding
  5. Dorico crashes
  6. I reopen Dorico, in the Hub window > Help > Create Diagnostic Report

So, do I need to reopen the project that crashed or should the logs already be available in the Hub window? Or could it be because I’m not saving the project? Still afraid to save anything in 4.

Perhaps the reason we get no crash logs is that your system is set not to create crash dumps. Try this procedure (from here):

On Windows, applications no longer produce a crash dump by default. You can make your computer generate the minidump files we need to diagnose your problem by downloading, unzipping and double-clicking this Registry key:
dump-config.zip (469 Bytes)
Now when Dorico crashes, open a Windows Explorer window and go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps (you can copy and paste this into the address bar), then zip up the files you find in there and send them to us.

You shouldn’t need to manually collect the crash dumps, in fact: once this Registry key is set, when you create a diagnostic report, Dorico will collect the crash dumps for you.

1 Like

Will do! How do I check to see if the report has what you need before bothering you with another useless/empty upload?

You can take a look in the zip file and see if the Crashes subfolder inside it contains any files.

1 Like