Are we all paying beta testers?

Old thread, but anyone that agrees with the OP has their head up their 3 points of contact, IMHO. :mrgreen:

For years, the userbase has asked to be included in the Beta Phase of updates as it seemed the true Beta team missed simple bugs that were released in the updates. Now, Steiny pre-releases updates and fixes so that many people with many different workflows can provide feedback before the official updates are released. They monitor those pre-release threads VERY closely and it’s already shown itself to be successful.

Great work, Steiny. Keep it up, wouldn’t change a thing. :sunglasses:

Yes, I always do because it is the improvements under the hood that matter most, features are simply icing on the cake and no I don’t use XP. :neutral_face:

To add, the basic nature of computing is that nothing is ever finished and opinions and mileage will always vary.

In other words, so long as there is a way to achieve something without crashing the app, then as far as users (should be, or) are concerned, we should be happy with our purchases.

This does not mean we must sing Steinberg praise each and every day but it does mean certain things must have a terms of reference until an understanding is reached, as is the purpose of the forum.

Different areas of the program can always be improved, I will give 3 examples:

a) Mixer

b) VST Rack (including multi-timbral/multi-output VST’s)

c) Window Management

Just to reflect, remember the days of the VST Bridge issues? Also, how about transparencies?

MM is right about the beta phases. He is also correct about Steinberg communication with customers and policies.

We have various forums to post in, we can also do this anonymously by creating new accounts in “Welcome to Steinberg”.

Computers aren’t an exact science at the higher levels, so please keep this forum civil and as peaceful as possible.

Peace, out.

And what would they be Split, for the users who only just appeared :sunglasses:

Just a statement from one of the mods that “they” were aware the mixer needed improvement and were working on it!!!

Hi Split,

There was also another statement that there would be improvements to the VST rack, which I’m hoping will include some form of “super global preset” whereby the output assignments are saved along with instrument parameters.

Cheers good fellow

“Are we all paying beta testers?”
It’s up to you, Tech-dance. If you buy Cubase to test it, then you’re a tester. If you buy it to make music - you’re a musician. Take a look at the bugbase, it’s pretty small. 99% of the forum is “likes and dislikes”.

pinata= brains :yes: :wink:

Cubase, in common with other music and non-music sofware has places where it could be improved.
So can the users.

I see far too many “outraged” posts about what many would call minor blemishes.

Are we beta testers? Ridiculous! :mrgreen:
We all beta test our washing machines more than we beta test Cubase.
At least you get updates for Cubase.

Seasons greetings from this anti-grump brigade grump.

Thanks for chiming in good Samaritan.

Yes and those updates even work for the trials, very nice and means users can have a decent amount of time “testing” and reporting back, which for some like myself; fortunately I have the courage (and prerogative) to do.

Reporting a fault needing “courage”? :mrgreen:

We’re only ytping (sic :mrgreen: ). No Kalashnikovs here. Only most “reporting”, accompanied by very unprofessional whinings about how hard done by the poster is usually gets very little in the way of positive help, even from those with great sympathy for the poster.

So when you get the “courage”, take a deep breath. Write down as much as you can on paper about the problem and then Google it maybe and then come here and look to see if there’s something similar. Look about and see which posts get answers, what they’ve asked and how they asked to get problems fixed quickly.
Too many posters only think as far as who’s going to get the next kick in the nuts rather than fixing the problem.

It’s a professional program (even the lesser versions are not far behind the top full C6) so there are professionals or ex-professionals here who both look at the problems and rants with interest and can maybe fix most these days so it’s not good if you’re in a bedroom ranting with a computer from Radio Shack and your brother’s dropped chocklit all over the rig. Chances are your experience here will not be too good initially. Nothing wrong with working from a bedroom but I’m really talking about those who have never escaped from the bedroom in general. :mrgreen:

One liners do not explain problems so take your time because one line answers probably won’t fix it any more than “+1” will.
Most of the regular posters here are very good at getting things done rather than finding ways to not get anything done.

You always did seem to have a soft spot for those pencils and paper but over the years you have lightened up to your great credit.

True, I do actually note down points and elaborate on them in the forum but only via the lounge or welcome.

pinata wrote

over the years you have lightened up to your great credit.

I agree with pinata! A whiIe ago I thought Conman was a prize pr*ck but nowadays I’m interested to read what he has to say. There’s hope for us all! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I always was interesting :mrgreen: but, if you read those old posts you’ll find a regular line of forum fight-pickers muddying the water. They seem to have died recently.

Since I bought a Kalashnikov? :smiling_imp:

Right Conman, on the internet we can be anything we like, for I am courageous and you interesting.

I read some of those old posts a cubase.net quite interesting, particularly the one from user “royce” in the old lounge.

Conman said

if you read those old posts you’ll find a regular line of forum fight-pickers muddying the water

There’s a taste of the old Conman, who was (and hopefully is no more) a master of water muddying! :wink:

:open_mouth: :mrgreen:

I always knew you were “royce”, Brains.

" … now where is this key, I have a white stic." :laughing:

Hey Mr. Pickens!

If you try google with keyword “mordonic” you will see another interesting series of posts and equally interesting responses in particular from a guru in psychology from South America I believe.

Scab Pickens

I always knew you were “royce”, Brains.

Boy - now I’m really confused :astonished: :open_mouth:

It would take someone with real Brains to work all that out :laughing: