Are you using Mac or PC (POLL) ?

Interesting, I didn’t realise that. I wonder how many have switched to PCs and how many kept their Macs but moved to other DAWs?

Been using C7 for a couple of months now on my Mac mini running 10.8.4. I’ve never had an issue with it. Zero crashes. Zero slow-downs. After I get above 40 tracks or so latency becomes an issue when recording audio would be my only complaint. I use multiple instances of Play and always one instance of Superior Drummer. Cubase 7 just works for me. YMMV :slight_smile:

You have any hard data supporting this claim?

Because from what I heard post-Atari Steinberg has always had a much larger Windows user-base than Mac, especially in Europe (their largest market, I believe). And Nuendo wasn’t even available for Mac when it first came out.

Ah, I should have asked that - too trusting sometimes. Yes, where is the evidence?

This is good to hear - I am beginning to suspect that my ageing iMac could be due for replacement, in particular to be able to get more RAM.

Not necessarily, it could just mean that mac users are that much more inclined to participate in such polls than PC users.

Yes, another unknown. I’m sure that a politician could use the results to show that more Cubase users use Macs than PCs :wink:

PC’s are cheaper and arguably easier to maintain than a Macintosh but are often buggy and more prone to crash.

Desktop Operating System Market Share2013 July

Its safe to assume majority of Cubase and Nuendo are on Windows computers. Windows has total 91.32% of the global market shares.
I don’t even think this poll is correct showing 30% that use MAC. I think its far less 8-15% tops.

30% on this forum maybe use MAC, yes. All Steinberg users are not even here at this forum either. Far from it!
Most don’t even care or have the time to take part in any kind of forums. I feel the same, my time is very limited here too.

Obviously Mac only has = 3.28% of total share on OSX 10.8
Total of all MAC- computers ever; old and new together are = 6.65% share of the whole market.

The rest and majority users are on Windows = Total 91.32% of the whole market!. Of course all isn’t working with DAW and music programs on Windows platform, but many do. 44.49% of the market share are on Windows 7 just alone.
So IF you should make some conclusions or any conjunctions by those numbers it must be Windows has most users. After all “numbers” often hint in some direction. :wink:

Best Regards
Freddie

Global OS numbers don’t matter; only the percentage of DAW users.

By and large, mac has historically been the primary OS of choice for music studios (in the US, anyway), so this would explain the higher percentage of Cubase users than you might expect.

Read the trade mags and you’ll get a better impression of the state-of-the-mac (or PC) in the music industry.

Mac ussers just can’t resist.

I know and it’s 2013! The MAC/PC wars ended with the drug wars.

You can’t fix not-especially-bright.

There were only few people using PC’s professionally until a few years ago. And I agree with that. BTW, isn’t that what you Apple fanboys say all the time? So, if what you’re saying is true, it means that either there were no professionals in Europe or that the vast majority of Cubase users was made of amateurs. Either position way more unsustainable than what I said and hugely contradicting your claim that only an amateur would use a PC (which BTW most AppIe fanboys keep repeating even today…)

Face it, you just can’t stand the idea that Apple is declining and that PC’s have become mainstream among music professionals.

Why would anyone who doesn’t have any silly, quasi-religious attachment to a tech company use the machine that runs Cubase slower? Lots of people who don’t worship Apple have switched, simply because they want the best tool for the job. And even Steinberg admits it’s not the mac. Seems a pretty logical argument.

Where is the evidence for what HE claimed? You just blindly trust him because he uses a mac?

It’s in our DNA to distrust the Other. Just read any anthropology textbook. Unless, the subject is trans-platformed, in which case it’s all up for grabs.

I’m reminded of the poor kid who looked like a Mac user, but felt deep down that he was a PC user. His school forced him to use the Mac user bathroom, and he ended up completely twisted up, as well as twisting up some of the other kids at the school.

The transplatformed need to be recognized - hey man, every one can be what they want and the world would be a better place if everyone was transplatformed.

Peace out :wink:

Steve I couldn’t agree more … Atari and pc it is then :wink:

Mac is and always was a very powerful platform but it can be difficult to streamline for apps such as Cubase due to the fact of an ever-changing OS kernel.

OTOH PC only became a contender due to the stability improvements of Windows 7, when microsoft started hiring serious developers.

Beautifully put, Steve, a lesson for us all…