Armed Tracks Don't Render

Not sure if this is a new thing, or if I’ve only just noticed it recently, but when I’m doing renders, any tracks that are armed will not print. Is there any way to disable this?

It’s especially problematic if, like me, you like having “Enable Record on Selected Audio Track” enabled and you also want to use the new “Sync Selection to Channel/Track Selection” function to export multiple tracks.

I think this is normal behaviour… and it is not changeable

Thanks. Disappointing to hear that it can’t be disabled :-/

think about it? … if a track is record armed then in theory there’s nothing to render. That’s exactly as it should be.
Is it really that hard to un arm a track?

M

As I mentioned in my original post, it’s problematic when you have “Enable Record on Selected Audio Track” enabled and also want to use the new “Sync Selection to Channel/Track Selection” function to export multiple tracks. It essentially negates the advantage of linking the selection to what you want to export.

And no, it’s not that hard, but even in scenarios other than the aforementioned, sometimes tracks remain selected during a mixdown and go unnoticed, thus it’s an annoyance.

As far as “how it should be” I suppose that line of thinking makes sense if you want Cubase to behave precisely like an analogue signal path, but I don’t see any practical reason to arm a track during a render and thus exclude it from the mixdown.

The feature would be akin to having the option to deactivate external MIDI inputs during render. It’s also not that hard to not touch your MIDI controllers during mixdown but alas, we still have that option.