Arpeggiator (redux?)

Hi,
My apologies if this topic has been covered elsewhere already; feel free to redirect me there if it has. But I was wondering if Cubase has a way to recognize arpeggio information from a VST instrument plug-in such as, say, Arturia’s Mini V. The Mini V has a fantastic arpeggiator, but it’s useless to me unless I can get the data to record (the track recognizes the initial keyboard presses only). My search of the Internet came up with a related topic on this forum mentioning that the Input Transformer could possibly be used, but it didn’t describe how to set it up for this specific purpose. Do I need to install a separate arpeggiator plug-in, or is it something else entirely? Thanks in advance!

ST

Hi and welcome,

There are arpeggio MIDI Inserts plug-ins in Cubase - Arpache.

If you want to use and edit virtual instrument arpeggio, the instrument has to be able to convert its arpeggio to MIDI. In the best way, just drag-and-drop it from the virtual instrument to the MIDI/Instrument track.

Thanks for the response, Martin, and for your patience in what must seem to you (and everybody else) such a basic problem. I’m just beginning experimenting with plug-ins, and recording anything but straight audio tracks is still a bit “rocket-sciencey” to me :blush:. What I’ve done so far is created a Virtual Instrument track for the Mini V plug-in and successfully recorded it, but not arpeggiated notes generated by the Mini V. I don’t see Arpache in my list of available Inserts (maybe my version is too old for that?) and I’m not sure what I’m supposed to drag-and-drop from the Virtual Instrument track to the MIDI/Instrument track. I’ve tried several useless things that went nowhere. Can you (or anybody) possibly direct me to a resource (relevant section of the User Manual that I somehow missed, or a YouTube video for example) that breaks down what I need to do from here in a more or less step-by-step way? Thanks in advance,
ST

Hi,

I don’t mean Inserts (like audio), but MIDI Inserts. These MIDI Inserts are pretty old, if you are using Cubase Elements or higher, it must be there. I’m not sure about LE and AI versions. I know, there are restrictions in this area. Could be, you have no MIDI Inserts at all in your Cubase.

Regarding the drag-and-drop, it should be something like drag it from the Virtual Instrument, where is the arpeggiator located, and drop it to the Cubase main page.

Thanks for the response and clarification. My statup screen says Cubase AI 6, and my install .exe file says Cubase LE AI Elements 6, so I guess I don’t have Arpache (this is confirmed by doing a search of my operation manual pdf and getting a negative result). Is it available online anywhere?

But, unless I’m mistaken, you’re saying I can record VST arpeggios without Arpache, just by dragging something from the VST and dropping it onto the Cubase main page? Sounds simple enough, theorywise. In practice, however, I’d need to know where to find this note information in the VST to be able to drap-and-drop it. Could you provide a little more detail here? I realize time is valuable, but I’d be grateful if you could walk me through how the process usually goes, just to get me started looking in the right direction. Have you written any articles on any of your sites relating to this process, or have any plans to? Thanks in advance for the help,
ST

Hi,

In this case it’s clear, you have Cubase AI. And if I’m right, there are no MIDI Inserts at all. So, there is no way, how to get the Arpache plug-in, sorry.

The drag-and-drop way is just a theory. In the theory, you could be able to do so. But I don’t know, if this is implemented in this concrete plug-in (Mini V). From what you say, I’m afraid, it is also not possible.