ARR files

Could we please have the older project loader from Cubase 3 SX as a plugin here, please, Steinberg?

+1, excellent idea.

It would be good if SB released a little utility that could read a midi file (single or batch) and resave it do a desired format.

Don’t they do one already? It’s called Cubase…

Outsounder - did you mean a utility that would extract midi information from an old Cubase file i.e. sng, arr. all etc.?

There is no utility for this, that’s why you have to use the older Cubase to convert it.

I was in diddling around the plugin tool in Cubase this past weekend and just happened to look inside the import/export plugin area (just never thought of it before), which is why I thought, THAT would be an awesome plugin for current versions of Cubase, to be able to import older formats. Import only, no need for export, of anything that can be extracted from all those older file formats, .all, .arr, .sng, etc.

Personally, I really don’t care about the plugins (they can be skipped) or anything, the MIDI compositions are more important to me from those days. I can recreate presets and other needful things.

Of course earlier versions of cubase can be used as a bridge to bring files forward and of course I have used them. What I should have said it would be good if there was a utility to read the old Atari disks and convert them a more accessible format in one simple operation.

It’s here though we get back to finding a suitable floppy drive and OS to put them into and back to getting either an emulator or an old Atari etc. etc.

Actually on solution I found that worked at one point was to use an old Roland midi file player that was used in live performance and play the files back into a pc, (providing the floppies were in good condition) there are of course USB drives, also there are a few old PC’s around running early windows that could run the original Cubase VST(maybe my accountant would lend me his lol) but by far the better option is a friendly bass player up the road that actually has a fully working Atari system at the back of his studio! :slight_smile: