Arrange page vs. MixConsole

Hi,

Thank you Tristan.

Although I like many of the new features of the C7 mix console, I agree with the OP that “old” mixer is better. At least better looking.
It is easier to get a good overview of the information that is displayed when looking at the different channels strips on the “old” mixer.
Initially I was really liking the look of the new mixer, but after working with it for some time, I find it sort of difficult to see what plugins are on inserted on channels on the C7 mixer. You really have to look at it longer to see it. The blue-ish background does not make it easy to read, I like the white on black of the “old” mixer.
But I can get over looks. As long as it works.

This is the kind of feedback SB need to make improvements.

Good work! :slight_smile:

The c7 mixer marks the first step to a tuchscreen gui.
And it will be the future. Sonar x2 is the first example.
Try to use the c7 mixer with splashtop (win8) on an ipad and you have it.
Jan

ridiculous toy-like over-hyped slowndown technology!!!

:unamused:

Pinch zoom would be nice, but I’m just glad (horizontal) zoom finally works in V7!

• 1 !
    :neutral_face:

… drastically enhanced workslow !
:confused:

+1

The more ways I can interact with machines the better, maybe they can replace my “brain” one day as well. :blush:

Best mixer in IMHO is still Logic 9. I like some of the new improvements however Cubase wastes screen real estate…defiantly catering to a double monitor set up.

I’ve used Cubase off and on for a long time (Cubase VST days). I left Cubase around version 5 or so. Bought the upgrades to 6 and 6.5 but still thought the interface and some other issues too jumbled. When I saw the pictures of the mixconsole on line and in magazines, it looked AWFUL. Even the posted videos were unattractive. For whatever reason (hope?), I bought the upgrade…

The MixConsole looks GREAT on my monitors. I LOVE working with it. Sure there are some improvements that can be made (and noted in other posts), but I think they have done an amazing job and have really improved workflow too. The colors are very easy on the eyes…especially in a long session. I think because of the extensive use of gradients, you need a decent quality monitor calibrated well to get the most out of it. Of course, as always, YMMV…

I was a hater. Now I’m a convert.