Arranging feature speculations

Yes, I use this feature! Totally changed the way I work too, since I now can remember where I was instead having to re-count to be sure :joy:

It’s very nice, but I must say I find the Transcribe software pretty clunky overall. Didn’t find a better alternative yet, so maybe Dorico 4.5/5.0 will fill the gap :slight_smile:

1 Like

If Transcribe-like features are under consideration, here are a few that I consider essential, at least to my workflow anyway:

1. Playback speed control (obviously), preferably with the ability to assign keycommands to switch between commonly used speeds.
  2. Ability to use MIDI foot pedal keycommands to control audio file playback.
  3. Some mechanism to fine tune the pitch. I’m amazed at how many recordings get remastered without anyone paying attention to this. Plus the pitch of bootlegs can be all over the place.
  4. Ability to play back an octave up is essential to transcribing bass lines.
  5. Transcribe’s “Show Chord Guesses” is worthless, and “Show Note Guesses” mostly worthless, but I have used the latter before to help try to pick out inner voices in big band transcriptions so I suppose something like that would be of value.
  6. Some sort of way to sync the audio to the score. If there is some sort of mechanism to then create a tempo map, that could be useful too.
1 Like

+1!

My ideal setup would be that if I scroll back in the audio, the score would scroll back with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out Anytune :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not for PC unfortunately. Looks nice though!

And in UNDER 4 minutes 33 seconds!