articulation for multiple selected notes does not work

Hello,
selecting multiple notes and assigning them all a single articulation (from an expression map) in one assignment does not work in my Cubase 9, it used to, but it stopped to enable that. Is it just me, or is it widespread, and can it be repaired (did I put a setting wrong in the somaniest level). Did anybody experience this also, and would anybody know of a remedy ?
regards,

Hi,

It works to me, here.

Hello Martin,
Thanks for the response.
You wouldn’t perhaps have a clue why it doesn’t work in my version ?
(Cubase 9, windows 10 pro)

regards,
Gerard

Hi,

I tested Cubase 9.0.30 on Mac. But if it worked in the past, I would say some settings or Preferences changed. Could you try it in Cubase Safe Start Mode, please?

Hello,
In response to your suggestion, Martin, I started Cubase in safe mode with the same result, but:
Then I used a VSL made expression map and the selection worked as it should, instead of using my own home brewed expression maps for which it does not work.

As a note: I write my expression maps as XML files (with a dedicated program), and apparently I overlooked a line, or more, in the XML files which I used as reference for my program,
regards,
Gerard

Hello,
To conclude: selecting multiple notes and assigning them all a single articulation only works if the articulation is given as a “symbol” and it does not work if it is described with “text”
regards,
Gerard

Works here with text.

Hi,
So it is an erratic, maybe system dependent, thing ?
When I take a VSL-made expression map and change in it the symbol “fp” for the a text fp, I can no longer assign the articulation to multiple selected notes in the Cubase 9 Score editor, instead only the note picked gets the fp articulation. I tried several changes from symbol to text and text to symbol in the expression map set up, with the same result. My home made expression maps show the same behaviour: changing an articulation from a text to a symbol enables assigning multiple notes to an articulation in one go. I am working with Cubase 9.0.3 in windows 10 pro.
regards,
Gerard