Artist 10.5 not listed.

I just upgraded from Elements 10 to Artist 10.5. I just received my USB eLicenser in the mail today. When I open the eLicenser Control Center it doesn’t show Artist 10.5 on the list. It does show the USB after registeration. I downloaded the software onto my computer last week. Was I supposed to have the USB plugged in while I was downloading the software? This is my first run at a USB required upgrade. I really need help with this. I’m going to need step-by-step guidance. Thank you for all of the help provided.

You just need to activate your new license.
You do that in the eLicenser Control Center by simply entering your activation code. The license is then downloaded to your USB eLicenser.
(first do the maintenance, according to the link below).

There’s a step-by-step guide here (it’s really simple):

Good luck!

I’ve done that and this is the message I get.

“The license upgrade you are about to perform will work only for licenses which reside on a eLicenser. Currently, the license eligible for this license upgrade process resides on the Soft-eLicenser. Please transfer the license you want to upgrade from the Soft-eLicenser to a USB-eLicenser (using drag-n-drop in the main window). Then try the license upgrade again.”

So I need to drag-n-drop the Elements 10 license to the USB-eLicenser, correct? That’s how I’m interpreting the message.

Thank you for your help Starsprinkler, I really appreciate it.

Yes.

Yes, move your Elements licence to USB stick and then do the upgrade.
It’s a handy little thing. Now, you can install Cubase on as many computers as you like (if you need to or want to) and all you have to do is just take the USB with you and plug in to the computer you are currently using.
Moving your VST licences to USB is a good idea as well. You can use it everywhere then.

I did the drop-n-drag and I’m up and running. I do have one more question. Do I need to remove the USB when I’m not using Cubase or can I leave it in the USB port?

I have (one of) mine plugged into a USB expansion card inside my case. It’s been there for a few years. No risk of damage. No, you don’t need to unplug it when you are not using it.

Haha!!! Scab Pickens! That’s hilarious! Thanks for the reply. With something that small (USB) I know I would end up losing it. Thanks for all of the help that was provided.